3rd Shift Sr. Machine Maintenance Mechanic & Technician
- Expired: September 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Maintenance Technician is an expierenced machine mechanic with the ability at a high level to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair heavy wood processing machines according to safety predictive and productive maintenance systems. The Senior Maintenance Technician will act as a technical resource to other Maintenance Technicians and be able to work autonomously towards preventative & reactive maintenance goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspect, maintain, and repair heavy wood processing equipment or machines (including Homag Saws, CNC, and Edge banding) to set maintenance schedules.
- Perform diagnostic checks to equipment; troubleshoot complicated issues in all systems (electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, PLC) to determine and perform necessary repairs.
- Lead the assembly, installation, and disassembly of mechanical systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Support the planning, implementation, and continued support of facility projects, capital expenditures, and improvements as needed.
- Perform general building maintenance as needed such as painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures for new and existing equipment, and all building systems.
- Inform appropriate personnel of problems and projects that will affect quality of production and production schedules.
- Maintain tools and equipment through proper storage, training, maintenance, and usage.
- Ensure compliance of facility to meet local building and fire codes.
- Set up and maintain maintenance records and project files.
- Support or lead the requisition & acquisition parts, supplies and raw materials needed to maintain machinery and facility.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of experience in similar maintenance related roles working directly with heavy CNC style machinery.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
- Technical certification preferred.
- Expert understanding of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Expert ability to diagnose and repair most issues with heavy machinery.
- Ability to share knowledge and help develop other Maintenance Technicians.
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job-related quality objectives, quality system policies, procedures and instructions.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor and/or senior maintenance workers.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot issues related to hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to follow directions and work cohesively in a team environment.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable proscribed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to problem solve and identify solutions to maintenance issues.
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Moderate to heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced.
- Ability to frequently climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Ability to frequently work from elevated heights.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand equipment manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to frequently bend, twist, squat, kneel, and lift (both lateral and overhead).
- Ability to often reach with hand and arms and grasp.
- Ability to constantly talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly stand and frequently sit.
AutomotiveView all jobs at California Closets
Get fresh Machine Maintenance Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.