The Administrative Assistant, Meeting Services supports the activities of the Events Department by aiding the Director and Coordinator of the California Chamber of Commerce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in managing the CalChamber Meeting Room Calendar
· Services requests to book CalChamber Meeting Space – including managing invoices, payments, appointments
· Maintains record keeping for all department run events
· Assist in building and managing registration websites
· Conducts event research and updates department records
· Manages ordering supplies for events department
· Administrative support for Director and Coordinator
· Assist in event prep and on-site registration for local events, to include early morning/late nights at times
· Manages Event Email Box – Replies or sends emails to appropriate person
· Manages Events Voicemail Box
· Provides support for Financial Executives International (FEI)
· Assists in monthly WACE mailing
· Covers Reception periodically
· Cross train to cover for Meeting Coordinator when OOO, WACE Admin, and Legal Admin
· Highly organized and detail-oriented
· Handle confidential information with the highest degree of professionalism
· Communicate effectively in person, by phone, and in writing
· Be flexible and capable of multi-tasking
· Work calmly under pressure; maintain composure while working with strong and diverse personalities
· Demonstrate initiative, integrity and a positive attitude
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Experience with Adobe a plus
· Prefer experience with Cvent or other event management software, or building websites
· Prefer 1 year of experience in office administration
· Experience coordinating meetings a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CalChamber is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
CalChamber is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. CalChamber is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.