SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Technology, the Online Learning Systems Specialist maintains, coordinates, and manages all online learning systems in support of Online and Professional Studies (OPS) within the framework established at California Baptist University by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Investigate, analyze and resolve hardware and computer application problems for faculty and staff.
2. Provide support for mobile devices such as phones, tablets, monitors and various computer peripherals.
3. Track, resolve, and document solutions to customer requests using ServicePro software.
4. Assist with maintaining hardware and software inventory database.
5. Develop systems and processes to improve efficiency and automate routine functions.
6. Provide support for Blackboard environment and related online systems.
7. Provide support for Cisco Jabber and various conferencing technologies.
8. Maintain consistency of online environment for positive student and faculty experience.
9. Maintain a high standard of customer service in dealing with and responding to questions from faculty, staff and students.
10. Design training and tutorial content based on various department needs.
11. Manage media productions for various departments including, but not limited to, scripting, audio/visual recording, lighting, screen-capturing, screen-casting, editing, audio optimization, equipment set-up/teardown and publishing.
12. Implement graphic design to produce creative content for media productions.
13. Implement project management skills to execute multiple media productions under budget and time constraints.
14. Manage the inventory, maintenance and improvement of audio and video equipment.
15. Maintain, organize and archive media-related data.
16. Create documentation, procedures and schedules for audio and video equipment use.
17. Integrate multimedia into the current Learning Management System, Blackboard.
18. Facilitate the closed-captioning for multimedia to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504/508 guidelines.
19. Coordinate student workers in various technology support and media related tasks.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge and experience with Learning Management Systems and web-based course delivery systems.
Knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems.
Knowledge of web and course authoring tools.
Ability to install and configure computer systems, hardware and peripherals.
Knowledge of computer systems and troubleshooting methods.
Knowledge of SQL and database management.
Knowledge of web /video conferencing solutions such as Cisco Jabber, WebEx and TelePresence.
Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
Skill to convert multimedia formats, including, MP4, MP3, MOV, WAV, PPTX.
Knowledge of audio and video editing software such as Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro.
Ability to use creative software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, etc.
Ability to understand web accessibility issues.
Ability to manipulate web content using HTML5 and CSS.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.