- Posted: 6 days ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Operations
The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® offers a collaborative environment that will allow you the opportunity to work on impactful projects that make a difference. What we love the most about working here is the autonomy, collaborative team environment and commitment to a positive work/life balance.
Are you someone who enjoys performing a variety of complex administrative tasks in support of others? We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the Association’s Operations Group, which is responsible for providing services to other staff groups and to Association members.
- Provide administrative support for the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, and for other staff and functional areas within the Operations Group as assigned. This includes:
- answering telephone calls to the Operations Group and routing those calls as appropriate,
- preparing correspondence, preparing or editing documents, proofreading, maintaining files, opening and sorting mail,
- scheduling appointments and coordinating various online calendars for staff, the Association and the Leadership Team,
- making travel arrangements,
- providing onsite support at major Business Meetings, and other duties.
- Serve as the primary backup for the Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive personnel files and other records in support of Human Resources.
- Assist in the planning of HR activities and events.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- 2-3 years of office experience
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- A demonstrated ability to work with many different people and projects simultaneously, and sometimes independently.
- Superb telephone skills.
- Must type 60 WPM accurately.
- A high level of organizational skill and detailed follow through to complete projects.
- Must be able to function effectively in a variety of challenging situations and circumstances and be flexible in light of shifting priorities.
- Must have sound judgement, and ability to handle sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
- Proficiency with business software applications, including intermediate to advanced level in MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and with MS Outlook.
- Ability to learn new software applications, such as the Association’s membership database program and its Web content management system.
- Expertise in gathering information from vendors and service providers, comparing alternatives, and applying that information is essential.
Headquartered in sunny Los Angeles, C.A.R. offers part time remote work, business casual wear, an on-site exercise room, a health and wellness program including lunch and learns with guest speakers, a FitBit® program, and collaborative working areas.
Medical, dental, vision, vitamin reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plan, 11 paid holidays, and more.
C.A.R. staff stand by a set of core values that make us the best in the business. Take a look for yourself and see what we are all about www.car.org.
C.A.R. and/or its subsidiaries and agents will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
Sorry! Due to the heavy volume of resumes we receive, only candidates being considered will be contacted directly. We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
California Association of Realtors
525 S Virgil AvenueLos Angeles, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?