A leading beverage manufacturing company in Fontana has an open position for a Lab Technician. The candidate must have good communication skills, and the ability to adapt to a fast paced environment. Must be willing to work 3rd SHIFT. (10:00pm-6:30am)
Position Summary: Inspection of raw materials and finished goods to assure compliance with regulatory and customer specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
Oversee batch corrections and authorizes final approval in accordance with all given specifications.
- Monitor all production lines running to ensure that codes are correct, straws are affixed, and fills are in specification.
- Monitor all production lines running to ensure package integrity. Will do package teardowns, electrolytic testing, dye checks and acid teardowns to verify compliance.
- Monitor all production lines running to ensure product integrity. Will perform brix, acid, pH, vitamin C, calcium, turbidity and sensory analysis on an ongoing basis. Will report any findings that are not in specification to the Manager of Quality Assurance. Will initiate Holds when required.
- Perform microbiological analysis on final product, raw materials, treated water and environment. Will collect data and report findings to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Mix reagents as needed.
- Oversees batch corrections and authorizes final approval in accordance with all given specifications.
- Plating samples (offline, 24 and 48 hour abused, end of shelf life, other).
- Proper documentation (paper or computer documents) and reporting of incoming samples and finished results.
- Read plates and other culture media and document the results.
- Report out of specification results to supervisors and managers.
- Collect samples (juice samples, swabs, aseptic, and other).
- Prepare media (agar, dilution blanks, etc).
- Verify totals on both Pack Out Report & Status Release Inquiry compared to Finished Goods Report.
- Release product as ready.
- Take care of customer directed hold on both finished goods & raw ingredients.
- Education and/or years of experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year experience in a laboratory environment, with experience in titrations, microbiology and aseptic packaging
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. EEO/AA. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.