We're looking for a Vice President for Marketing and Communications. This is the perfect opportunity for a creative and innovative leader who is willing to take calculated risks, be bold and explore new ways and approaches to achieve our goals.
The Vice President for Marketing and Communications is responsible for external and internal corporate communications, media relations, and implementing a meaningful client communications plan designed to meet Caliburn's key performance targets. This role works closely with our CEO, collaborates with the executive leadership, and directs a team of talented public relations, communications and social media professionals.
If you are an engaged senior leader who can demonstrate a history of building and leading communications programs globally, with experience across public relations, executive communications, and thought leadership programs. You will translate complex strategies into compelling messages and articulate stories in the context of broader trends. You must function effectively and diplomatically within a fast-paced organization. You are an excellent storyteller with a positive, can-do attitude, who will bring fresh ideas and innovative approaches to the group.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Proven experience and expertise in developing communication strategies that drive value for the company.
- Direct and implement a communications strategy that is aligned with key marketing initiatives, building our brand and strategic business priorities.
- Significant Media Relations experience.
- Work cross-functionally with many teams inside Caliburn, including product marketing, legal, business development, employee communications, HR, and social media.
- Act as a formal spokesperson and media liaison for all media inquiries. Ideal candidates will have prior on-the-record media experience, excellent and persuasive communication skills and be able to effectively interface with the Leadership Team to manage executive approvals on key messaging and execute a successful marketing communications effort.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication, or related discipline; Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications, media relations, governmental affairs, social media, content strategy, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- 5 -10 years of experience that directly relates to planning, writing, editing, investor relations and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier partners, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve key objectives.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct reports and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists.
- Knowledge of government contract markets, the legislative process and previous Capitol Hill experience is a plus.
- Prior experience implementing communications plans for finance and investor audiences is beneficial.
- Experienced leader and manager, who can encourage and bring together a team around a shared vision.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Salary is commensurate with experience. The position requires weekend work and unpredictable hours. The office is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment. Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples.