Audit Staff - New York, NY
Calibre CPA Group PLLC New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a growing public accounting firm with an 80-year history in the Washington DC, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, CA markets and are seeking a Staff Auditor for our New York office. In this position you will work under the guidance of experienced professionals on audit engagements. Initially you will assist in the audit of selected financial statement accounts, document accounting systems and internal controls, prepare appropriate audit work papers, and assist in the preparation of financial statements and management letters.
Our firm looks for talented people who want to be challenged and desire rapid professional growth; enjoy interacting with others in a supportive work environment; have imagination, a sense of humor, intelligence, initiative, and dedication; and want to provide exceptional professional services to a diverse group of clients.
- Develops basic technical knowledge with a heavy emphasis on learning on-the-job as employee moves from one audit engagement to the next
- Assist in audit of certain financial statement accounts; assigned work will become more challenging with additional experience
- Document accounting systems and internal controls
- Prepare audit workpapers that are informative, indexed, cross-referenced and can easily be understood and explained, improving effectiveness on workpapers from the prior year
- Resolve audit issues by obtaining evidence and making inquiries to clients
- Responsible for becoming familiar with typical auditing procedures (Calibre standard audit programs) and performing procedures in accordance with Firm standards (use of Calibre standard workpapers) in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner
- Collaborate with supervisor in a timely manner to resolve engagement issues
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior auditors, managers, directors, principals and partners
- Clear open review notes in a thorough and timely manner and assist in post fieldwork wrap up, as requested
- Prepare client tax returns (Forms 990 and 5500)
- Maintain an organized open items list
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
- Accounting GPA must be 3.0 or higher
- Active pursuit of CPA a plus
- Knowledge of and use of accounting software a plus, (Quickbooks, ProSystem, GoFileroom)
- Should have working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, GAAP and GAAS
- Experience in accounting is not necessary, but is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Calibre is an established and growing public accounting firm with a 80-year history in the Washington DC, NY, IL and CA markets. We are dedicated to providing the best possible working environment, including a commitment to the personal and professional growth of our employees. The firm offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance coverage, 401(k) and profit sharing plans, and a generous paid time off policy. It is our goal to cultivate our employees and give them every resources to develop and grow into a career at Calibre. Please visit our website at www.calibrecpa.com to learn more about our firm.
Calibre CPA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Calibre CPA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Calibre CPA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Calibre employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Calibre CPA Group PLLC
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Calibre CPA Group PLLC