Diesel & Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Caliber Paving Company
Santa Ana, CA
- Over a month ago
- $50,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Caliber is seeking a heavy equipment diesel mechanic to join our team. This individual will be responsible for assembling, maintaining, and repairing equipment and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of equipment, engines, and mechanical systems while adhering to all safety procedures and protocols. To excel in this role you must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. Basic hand tools and good driving record are required. Must be able to pass a pre-hire drug test and physical.
- Build and assemble equipment, vehicles, or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect equipment, engines, transmissions, etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and provide resolve within a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on vehicles, equipment, and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to equipment components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and equipment
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to equipment or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g., repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles, etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Provide support off-site / on-location as necessary
- Occasional overtime when needed
- 3+ years experience as mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g., calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices as well as read instruction, blueprints, etc.
- Strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting common and complex mechanic issues
- Must be able to lift (75lbs), sit, stand, and work in a fast past busy environment
At Caliber Paving we believe that our commitment can be summarized in four primary areas of our business: Quality, Service, Integrity and Relationship. We hire quality people, provide the best products available on the market and use the best technology and equipment. We are committed to setting the standard for service in our industry from uniformed, knowledgeable crews to a streamlined transaction process and professional people. Integrity is the cornerstone of our organization and has been since we were founded in 1987. Our integrity means that you will get uncompromised quality, expertise and professionalism. All of this has provided Caliber Paving with business relationships that have kept us in business for over twenty-five years and it is these relationships that we consider the most valuable part of our business. We have been and always will be committed to providing our clients with an unparalleled level of quality, service and integrity in the industry.
Caliber Paving Company
673 Young St.Santa Ana, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?