The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the provision of patient care and related nursing services necessary for the delivery of primary health care.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs procedures required in assisting the physician in accordance with written protocols, including:
- Taking vital signs
- Recording chief complaints and other pertinent data
- Preparing patients for examination and special procedures
- Collecting laboratory specimen (including venipuncture) and maintaining appropriated storage and documentation
- Maintaining a clean, orderly and properly stocked laboratory for patient care
- Conducting vision and hearing tests
- Preparing and administering medications per written orders
- Process referrals including scheduling and follow-up notification report
2. Assists providers with mandated and appropriate record keeping including:
Recording information and data in patient records
Preparing and maintaining appropriate logs
Assuring that encounter forms are completed, signed by physician and returned to medical records and/or EMR data is complete
3. Accurately documents all codes and services provided within the allotted time frame
4. Provides education services to patients to reinforce treatment compliance:
5. Maintains confidentiality of patients and corporate information;
6. Initiates and completes standing orders when applicable;
7. Attends in-service and staff development programs;
8. Must perform peer audits; and
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED, required with formal medical assistant certificate/diploma.
2. National Medical Assistant Certification, preferred.
3. Must have basic computer skills.
4. Maintains current CPR certification.