International SOLO Program Support SME
- Posted: over a month ago
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.Responsibilities:
- Provides the full spectrum of SME support to the SOLO branch, specifically regarding diplomatic and international correspondence, the development of new MOU/MOAS, the maintenance of all existing MOU/MOAs for the HQs related to personnel exchanges, provides SME coordination with designated US Embassy country teams to enable assignment of SOLO under the provisions of National Security Decision Directive (NSDD) 38, provides SME support for the range of unique issues that arise for the 24 assigned SOLOs and their family members across 24 countries.
- Review, analyze, and summarize SOLO reporting. Draft plans and track actions stemming from SOLO reporting.
- Assure SOLO life support in deployed locations; assist with funding, transportation, professional development, and welfare of SOLOs and their families. Draft mechanisms to identify and track communication, health, welfare, and security of deployed SOLOs.
- Draft SOLO selection and assessment process; assist in selection and pre-deployment training for all SOLOs. Draft training plans tailored to specific SOLO countries.
- Maintain and draft primary, alternate, contingency and emergency (PACE) communications plans with SOLOs; coordinate plans with USSOCOM J6; and maintain a contact roster allowing immediate contact of employed SOLOs.
- Process, coordinate, and track to completion all staffing actions regarding international negotiations between USSOCOM and partner nations for SOLO or Foreign Liaison Officer/ Exchange Officer (FLO/EXO) presence; prepare engagement plans to ensure SOLO/FLO/EXO talking points are included in KLEs.
- Support development of engagement plans and strategies which support negotiation of MOAs for new countries.
- Maintain a data base of all USSOCOM international agreements affecting J3-I exchange and liaison officers and SOLO placement – manages all USSOCOM HQs (not only the J3-I Division) MOU/MOAs regarding personnel exchanges.
- Master’s Degree in international relations, economics, or related field.
- Graduate of Dept. of State Foreign Service Institute or equivalent US military program of instruction.
- Served as Foreign Service or Foreign Area Officer with 10+ years’ experience as a member of a US embassy country team, deployed developmental worker, or other member of Dept. of State or US Agency for International Development.
- 3 years’ experience in a federal agency, GCC, or service headquarters in policy development, international agreements, and strategy.
- 2 years’ experience or academic coursework in negotiations. Acceptable example would be experience negotiating Memos of Agreement or Understanding.
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access.
Calhoun International, LLC
GovernmentView all jobs at Calhoun International, LLC