The Injection Molding Process Engineer will be responsible for monitoring and correction of the preform process in the injection molding department.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities
- Monitors all process changes in the injection molding department.
· Troubleshoot mold processes, machines, and auxiliary equipment problems and make necessary changes to ensure quality and reduce downtime.
· Support new tool design and development.
· Coordinate outside repair and sourcing for tooling and machines
- Performs root cause analysis on any process changes implemented.
- Maintain and monitor machine cycle time based on process capabilities.
- Monitors hardware and scrap then develops corrective actions to ensure that plant targets are achieved.
- Works closely with R & D Center on any new project qualifications for the injection molding department.
- Responsible for new preform / mold qualifications.
· Initiate and/or assist in implementing cost reduction strategies.
· Assist in development of long-term molding strategy including layout, equipment needs, and tooling needs.
- Monitors mold cavitation and implements corrective actions when needed.
- Monitors regrind consumption, virgin materials, and overall blends to ensure consistency and reports on how it impacts the process capabilities.
- Monitors mean time between failure and develops corrective actions to prevent / reduce equipment downtime.
- Develops and performs training courses for the workforce.
- Responsible for standardizing the processes in the molding department.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of both the long and short term goals for the Molding Department.
· Understand and effectively utilize ERP system.
· Use lean manufacturing methods to improve the molding department.
· Set molding process parameters to ensure product meets dimensional and quality requirements.
· Train and develop molding personnel relative to the molding process (Process technicians and molding operators), promote employee understanding and adherence to safety regulations and the Quality Management System
· Document, report and maintain all critical production information.
· Evaluate tool designs to ensure process capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Lean /Six Sigma implementation experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self motivated. Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of injection molding machines
- Relevant exposure to primary manufacturing such as Injection Molding and assembly.
- Hands on experience in lean manufacturing implementations, including analysis, design and implementation
- Must apply judgment to plan, perform, and delegate assigned tasks within known limits
- Hands on planning and execution of responsibilities and directives
- Ability to work within deadlines and on multiple projects
- Customer Focused
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Drive and willingness to accept responsibility and utilize effective project management skills
Educational & Certification
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – focus on plastics/molding preferred
· At least five years experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus in molding
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
Caldwell Manufacturing has been in business since 1888! We offer a clean and collaborative work environment. Our full range of benefits includes including Health and Dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, vacation time and holiday pay, life insurance.
Why Work Here?CHECK OUT CALDWELL! Caldwell Manufacturing has been in business since 1888! We offer a clean and collaborative work environment. Our full range of benefits includes including Health and Dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, vacation time and holiday pay, life insurance.