RN Unit Manager
- Posted: 7 days ago
Caldera means REBIRTH--are you ready to become reborn from just an employee to a proud member of our Workplace Family? At Caldera Care, we are known for our commitment to our staff and the local communities in which we serve. Our goal it to provide the best possible care to our residents and instill a sense of confidence within the community that when a loved one comes to one of our skilled nursing facilities, that they will be well cared for, will feel heard and will know that THEY MATTER. We believe firmly that the key to achieving this is through our incredible staff. Therefore, we will work tirelessly to ensure you have the supplies, the support and the education/skills necessary in order to ensure you are successful and able to put the focus where it needs to be; on our wonderful residents
We are looking for strong RNs who, under the guidance of the Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of Nursing, will assume responsibility and accountability for a group of residents and staff for a shift of duty. Provide nursing care through proper management and collaboration with all members of the care team. Adhere to the standards of care for the area, manages the environment to maintain resident safety and supervise staff activity and performance of nursing assistants and nurses. Unit managers will follow all policies and procedures and performs duties as defined by the State Nurse Practice Act. Frequently round with care team to be alerted to any resident condition changes and to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising Responsibilities:
- Make daily work assignments
- Direct the work of employees
- Reassign employees from one are to another area as center needs dictate
- Prepares written evaluations of assigned employees
- Enforces Center policies with authority to issue Disciplinary Action as needed
- Initials time records to authorize variance
- Receives and handles employee complaints
- Participates in training programs and assist in orientation of new staff
- Nursing Management Responsibilities:
- Assess and implement care plans for all residents
- Ensure routine assessments and evaluations are completed by staff
- Work closely with other departments to coordinate care for residents
- Communicate with MD/PA/ARNP routinely regarding resident needs
- Ensure timely documentation of MAR/TAR and progress notes
- Assist as needed for ongoing care of residents
- Process all new admission orders and assist with admission process
- Additional Duties
- Assume care of residents as needed in the event of nurse absences
- Ensure assigned areas are maintained in clean and sanitary manner
- Monitor supplies and order as needed
- Receive and transcribe orders to resident charts as written by MD/PA/ARNP
- Must possess a current RN license. License must be in good standings.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor in a long term care setting preferred, though not required.
- BLS Certified
- Knowledge of rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressCoeur d'Alene, ID
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?