Director of Rehabilitation Services PT/OT/SLP/PTA/COTA
- Posted: over a month ago
$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS OFFERED!!!
Caldera means REBIRTH--are you ready to become reborn from just an employee to a proud member of our Workplace Family? At Caldera Care, we are known for our commitment to our staff and the local communities in which we serve. Our goal it to provide the best possible care to our residents and instill a sense of confidence within the community that when a loved one comes to one of our skilled nursing facilities, that they will be well cared for, will feel heard and will know that THEY MATTER. We believe firmly that the key to achieving this is through our incredible staff. Therefore, we will work tirelessly to ensure you have the supplies, the support and the education/skills necessary in order to ensure you are successful and able to put the focus where it needs to be; on our wonderful residents
The Director of Rehabilitation Services directs the three rehab departments of physical, occupational, and speech therapy to ensure the highest quality of rehab services in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and CMS guidelines.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must have functional knowledge of payer reimbursement
- Must have functional knowledge of labor management and strategies
- Must have functional knowledge of supply budgets
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e mail
- Must exercise good body mechanics at all times
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must have an active license in physical (BSPT, MSPT, DPT, or PTA), occupational (BSOT, MSOT, COTA), or speech (MA, MS, CCC SLP, or CFY SLP) therapy and meet the educational requirements as defined in the job description for that license type
- Must be currently registered/licensed with applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have two (2) years' supervisory experience in post acute care or related setting
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must be able to recruit, select, hire, evaluate, train, counsel, and supervise Rehab department staff
- Must be able to oversee and evaluate care given by therapy students
- Must be able to direct the growth, development, and maintenance of rehab programs
- Must be able to function as staff therapist as caseload requires
- Must be able to maintain appropriate staffing patterns as clinically indicated
- Must be able to utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
- Must be able to effectively manage department budget
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
HealthcareView all jobs at Caldera Care