Senior Network Engineer- 100% remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Candidate must have experience with Cell or Telephone Carrier Environment.
Must have experience with Cisco 5508 and 55A1 (NCS/XR-IOS expertise)
The overall objective is to support customer with validation of equipment installation, low and high-level network configuration of the leaf-and-spine architecture and the deployment of virtual network function (VNF) application software.
The primary business goal is to support the ongoing migration of core elements to the enterprise Network Services Edge/Cloud Platform (eNSE/VCP) in support of the 5G network.
oEngineer resources shall be adept at data networking and telecommunications technologies, including leaf-and-spine architectures, VXLAN, EVPN, L2VPN (VPLS), L3VPN (VPRN), OSPF, ISIS, MP-BGP, QOS/Traffic Engineering, MPLS (LDP & TDP), and Segment routing
oVendor-specific skills shall include Nokia ALU 7750 SR1s/7s, and 7250 IXR, Service Router Operating System (SR-OS), Cisco Carrier Routing Systems (CRS), Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS), Nexus 3K, 7K, 9K. Operating Systems: XR Internet Operating System (XR-IOS) and Nexus Operating System (NX-OS)
oAdditional skills shall include cloud and scripting experience, Linux, Openstack, Python, Ansible and virtualization.
oEngineer tasks shall comprise of the following:
- Develop network configurations from design models and templates
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure new networks are built, migrated, and decommissioned
- Build networks for interconnection to Verizon Cloud Platforms for growth, capacity, and expansion
- Work with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments
Engineer network solutions working independently and with strong interaction with application teams
TechnologyView all jobs at Calance US