Principal Systems Engineer - Hybrid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Principal Systems Engineer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Architect, design, engineer, implement and support services and solutions provided by the IT Engineering group (including Virtualization, Datacenter, Servers, Enterprise Storage, Windows & Linux operating systems, User devices, backup, monitoring, core services). Guide the overall architecture including supporting requirements gathering, performing technical evaluations, integrating COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) and custom applications, defining solutions, developing processes, performing system engineering functions, and providing technical leadership to the IT Engineering team.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Establish, administer, improve, and standardize system-level architectural design and IT practices for the entire system release cycle in all production areas
- Define, implement, and audit computing infrastructure standards and guidelines for data centers
- Develop and document system architecture and computing infrastructure for data centers
- Define strategies, environments, schedules, upgrades, tools, documentation and plans for software and hardware systems for migration to production environments
- Ensure consistency of design methodology between operational projects
- Evaluate systems, performance, and issues to provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform trending analysis and metrics definition in support of improving operations
- Support efforts to maintain consistency across production environments in the areas of training, documentation, and architecture
- Support the design of in-house and 3rd party solutions development, highly available architecture, and disaster recovery strategies for company operational systems.
- Provide 24x7 On-Call Support to company datacenters on a rotational basis
- Serve as project manager, project engineer, systems engineer and/or systems administrator as necessary to support initiatives within the IT Engineering function.
You should definitely have:
- A bachelor's degree with at least five years of systems engineering experience and in-depth knowledge of systems engineering and system administration best practices
- Background in implementing virtualization projects and proficiency in advanced virtualization features like resource scheduling and disaster recovery (E.g.: DRS, SRM features of VM)
- Experience implementing Enterprise SAN / NAS storage environments
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux Server OS
- Familiarity with highly availability technologies like clustering (Veritas VCS), Load balancing (Citrix NetScaler) and proxying.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience designing and building virtual server environments on premises or cloud.
- Advanced expertise with networking and troubleshooting
TechnologyView all jobs at Calance US