Our client, a leading provider of computing, applications management, IT procurement, network, and telecommunications services to public organizations, is looking to hire a Database Adminisstrator 4.
Provides support for databases. Responds to database & user problems. Monitors database error logs to ensure proper capacity & availability. Executes database software installations, creation, configuration, & loads. Monitors performance of systems.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field (15 20 years of experience in database management support may substitute both education & experience.)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Seven (7) years of experience in related field
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Advanced degree in IT, Business or related field
Experience with Oracle Cloud Control
Experience with Golden Gate
Experience with Oracle Database 19c
Experience with Oracle Weblogic
Experience with Tomcat
Able to deal with multiple projects at one time
Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication, and presentation
Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong Attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
1. Provides support for assigned Oracle databases and Weblogic/Tomcat webservers
a. Primarily Production with some Non-Production
2. Responds to database & user problems
3. Monitors database error logs to ensure proper capacity & availability
4. Install and configure database management systems and software.
5. Monitor and maintain databases to ensure optimal performance.
6. Perform backup and recovery of databases to ensure data integrity.
7. Provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures.
8. Provide design and configuration recommendations
9. Provide technical guidance to Junior and Mid-Level DBAs
10. Other duties as assigned
Who is Calance?
Calance is a global IT company with operations in the United States, Canada and India. Over the years, Calance has grown organically and has acquired numerous successful IT Services firms along the way. As a result, the company today is a mix of diverse cultures, talents and expertise that collaborate globally to bring our best capabilities and thinking to clients. Calance also offers benefits which includes Medical, Dental, Vision care and 401K.
Calance - the place to grow.