Senior Cloud Operations Database Engineer - MINNEAPOLIS OR CENTRAL U.S.
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Job
Calabrio is looking for a Cloud Operations Database Engineer. In this role, you'll provide technical vision and leadership related to RDS (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) Operations on the CloudOps team. You'll be responsible for maintaining and nurturing Calabrio’s database environments, and you'll not only understand best practices, but the underlying principles behind their implementation. This role is ideal for someone fluent in the collaboration necessary to implement new infrastructure processes, and skilled in ensuring that database systems are optimized for performance, maintainability, scalability, availability, recoverability, and security. To thrive in this role, you'll have a DevOps mindset and experience Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies, complimented by a passion for delivering automated solutions at scale in a multi-tenant SaaS environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Three+ years of cloud-based experience with AWS RDS PostgreSQL & SQL Server
- 15+ years of production experience in RDS (SQL Server, PostgreSQL) database administration in high volume Multi-Terabyte OLTP environments
- 5+ years of experience working within High Availability (HA) SQL Server environments and optimizing T-SQL or pgSQL queries
- Experience developing/modeling high-performing databases (both OLTP and OLAP)
- Working knowledge of the following SQL technologies and skills:
- Microsoft SQL servers (2014, 2017, and 2019 versions)
- PostgreSQL Servers
- AWS Aurora
- Heavy TSQL or pgSQL scripting experience for backend processes as well as for usage by applications
- Experience Monitoring RDS SQL Server & PostgreSQL instance
- Solid understanding of SQL Server & PostgreSQL internals
- Experience working with blocking and deadlocking issues
- Experience with capacity planning and maintenance of indexes and statistics
- Detecting and solving Virtual Log File issues
- Experience with development of ETL Layers and Report
- Experience designing and utilizing table partitioning as well as data archiving practices
- Experience leveraging QueryStore
- Experience with either PowerShell or Python programming
- Willingness to work as part of an on-call rotation and conduct planned after hour maintenance as required
Nice to Have:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Management and Analytics preferred
Calabrio People are: Open, Clear, Ambitious, Accountable, Collaborative, Consistent
What we value most…workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment is to continue to keep our people healthy, focused, and creative. We've built a company culture where you’ll feel motivated and truly excited to come to work. Calabrio is driven by the diversity of our talented team members who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. As an equal opportunity employer, we always consider and embrace ALL individuals including what makes them unique. We believe our team members should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of accomplishment.
Calabrio has joined forces with some of the best minds and most progressive concepts on enriching human interactions through our customer experience intelligence platform. For you, that means working on high-performing innovative teams that combine their incredible ideas in one incredible company.
Our team members are offered comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced work-life to achieve personal and professional success (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements).
Awards & Accolades:
Calabrio has 300 Global Partners, more than 2.25 million agents, and over 7,000 customers worldwide. We’ve been doing this for more than two decades and have been recognized by leading independent third parties such as Gartner, Forrester, and G2 Crowd as a leader and visionary. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of every Calabrio team member, we have been recognized by the Star Tribune Top Workplace for 8 years in a row, #20 on the 2020 Fast 50 list, named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and recognized as a top 50 fast-growth company by Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal.
Calabrio celebrates and fosters a culture that thrives on diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Calabrio are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We celebrate the >40 nationalities of team members that contribute to our success.
TechnologyView all jobs at Calabrio
Get fresh Cloud Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.