Teacher - Private
CalWest Educators Placement Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CalWest is leading an exclusive search for a full time Private Learning Facilitator for a rising 10th grader in the Greater Seattle, Washington area. If you are in Seattle or willing to relocate and are seeking an extraordinary opportunity to work with a single family within an inquiry-based, experiential philosophy, you are encouraged to apply. If you can monitor and support conventional “daytime learning at school” while imagining, designing and constructing additional learning opportunities that place the student at the center of learning, this is the position for you!
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s or terminal degree (preferred).
- Track record of inspirational teaching and educational philosophy.
- Globally minded with a strong understanding of math and science.
- 3-5 years middle or high school teaching experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite and other educational technology platforms.
- Embrace progressive learning modalities that place the student at the center of learning not relying wholly on conventional high school and college prep curriculum.
- Create and plan original lessons and projects encouraging holistic wellbeing, including focus areas such as learning about oneself, life skills, intellectual growth, positive social behaviors, social and emotional development, and social responsibility, taking the lead from the curiosity and interests of the student.
- In collaboration with the student and family, co-develop plans with teachers, tutors, sports/fitness coaches, mentors, and parent, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Organize and coordinate learning activities and contributors according to the developed plan.
- Create benchmarks to evaluate student progress.
- Lead discussions, demonstrations, and other activities on a broad range of subjects, bringing in outside experts to enhance and leverage the learning taking place.
CalWest encourages applications and nominations for this unique role of guiding a curious and eager 10th grader through to high school graduation and on to college. For more information or for questions and concerns, please contact Lois Mufuka Martin, VP of Search and Consulting at Lois@CalWestEducators.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Thank you for your interest.
CalWest Educators Placement
With team members nationwide, CalWest specializes in the placement of educators and school leaders throughout the western region of the United States. Over the years, we have excelled in building meaningful relationships with candidates and becoming trusted advisors to the independent school community. By partnering with us, you will experience the degree of time, energy, and personal involvement that we devote to each search.