CalWest's client school, Frontiers Academy, seeks a Middle School Math/Science teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This position is responsible for the daily instruction in math and science to students in grades 6th through 8th grade students.
- Experience in instructing math and ability to teach math up through trigonometry.
- Three years of middle school teaching preferred.
- Knowledgeable of current educational practices and developmental needs of middle school students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in science instruction, in addition to math instruction is preferred.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning for all students.
- Assess student performance and monitor individual student progress, using the information to adjust instruction to meet the individual needs of the students.
- Conduct parent conferences at designated times and as needed for specific students.
- Collaborate and communicate with other math and science teachers and work on curriculum development with team members.
- Conduct active and hands-on learning in science classes to engage students and promote student interaction.
- Perform additional daily duties that may or may not directly relate to the subject area or licensure field.
- Assist in the development of middle school annual events, celebrations, and traditions.
- Work to advance the position of the school in the community.
- Attend all school functions.
Salary is determined commensurate with experience.
To be fully considered for this and all current and anticipated openings, we encourage you to upload your cover letter and resume to our website here: https://calwestlogin.com/apply (Current CalWest candidates need not apply here. Please email us at mysearch@CalWestEducators.com)
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.