CalWest's client school, is seeking a 7th through 12th grade Animation and Media Arts Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
● Bachelor or advanced degree in the animation/film/video/cinema arts, an interactive media-related field, or a field relevant to the duties of the position with significant experience working with animation, film and video production.
● At least 4 years of experience in production and post-production audio and video technologies.
● At least 2 years of teaching experience, including curriculum design with integration of media arts in the classroom.
● Familiarity with narrative and illustrative conventions and techniques in temporal media and executing projects from concept to polished production.
● Teach five sections of Middle and Upper School Animation and Media Arts classes.
● Work closely with the Chair of the Visual and Media Arts Department and the Director of the Media Arts Film Lab to develop Middle and Upper School Animation and Media Arts curricula.
● Implement best practices in art education pedagogy based on student-centered learning and responsive teaching methods.
● Create a welcoming environment in the Media Arts and Film Lab which reflects the school’s mission, as a college preparatory school, of challenging each student to achieve academic excellence within a nurturing atmosphere.
● In conjunction with the Chair of the Visual and Media Arts Department and the Director of the Media Arts Film Lab, conduct research to expand a leading-edge Media Arts and Film Program, including literature review, suggested site visits, and partnering with leaders in the field.
● In partnership with the Media Arts faculty and the Technology Department, continuously update and maintain the Media Arts and Film Lab resources.
To be fully considered for this and all current and anticipated openings, we encourage you to upload your cover letter and resume to our website here: https://calwestlogin.com/apply?o=35571d71276f32166a7effa80e1a6a49 (Current CalWest candidates need not apply here. Please email us at mysearch@CalWestEducators.com)
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.