Position responsibilities include processing/maintaining fixed assets, prepaidaccounts, responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures,including month-end and year-end closing, general ledger reviews, account reconciliations,assisting with quarterly regulatory reporting, backup accounts payable, supportliquidity management, Bank audits and other accounting related support asneeded. The Senior Accountant is alsoresponsible for assisting other department staff in contributing to theseprocedures and analyses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for monthly fixed asset and prepaid accounting
· Supports daily liquidity and funds management
· Prepare general ledger certifications (i.e. correspondent bank accounts, asset/liability general ledger accounts and bank control accounts)
· Assist in the month end close process and reporting
· Prepare/provide information in connection with internal audits, FDICIA/SOX compliance, and regulatory examinations.
· Provide back-up for account payable, FR2900 Reporting, yearend 1099-M filing for vendors, and vendor management.
· Assist in preparing the quarterly Call Report and supporting schedules.
· 5+ years Accounting Experience
· 5+ years Bank Accounting; preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
Skills and Competencies:
· Performing tasks with minimal supervision
· Seeks help, asks questions, observes, and utilizes resources consistently
· Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
· Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and accomplish deliverables accurately and on time.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence and detailed procedures, effectively
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other employees, managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts to accurately process invoices, general ledger transactions and apply them to practical situations
CalPrivate Bank Inc.