Medical Assistant Duties:
- Complete the entire cycle of patient registration, including but not limited to collecting insurance and identification documents, verifying patient eligibility, communicating fees, and collecting payments.
- Assist providers during examinations, minor procedures, blood draws, IVs, etc.
- Obtains patient medical history and reason for visit; documents accurately to maintain a complete and legally correct medical record and confirm the purpose of the visit
- Administer injections and medication as directed by the provider(s).
- Room or escort patients to their exam room to prepare the patient for the visit
- Perform the preliminary physical test, take blood pressure, weight, and temperature, and
- report patient history.
- Handle patient and lab charges for the billing department
- Assist the provider with patient education
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems (preferably DrChrono EHR) and ICD10 coding procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medications, and injection procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with practitioners, staff, and management
- Empathy and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration
- Understand HIPAA requirements; maintain and protect patient information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Being bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- National Provider BLS - American Heart Association upon hire
- 12 months of Healthcare experience
- 12 months of Medical Assistant experience
Competitive Pay and Paid time off
Cal-X Family Clinic PLCPhoenix, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.