Are you looking to be part of an industry and company that values employees, specializes in making a fun and high quality product and appreciates work/life balance? If so, Cakebread Cellars has an open position for you. Our story begins in 1973 with a piece of land, a family passionate about wine and a community of friends and partners who helped bring Cakebread Cellars to life. Cakebread Cellars' wines don't just reflect the personalities of the vineyards, they also reflect the spirit of all of our employees who make our wines and winery remarkable.
We want to continue to build on that spirit by adding a skilled Brand Manager to our team. The Cakebread Cellars Brand Manager will play a key role in our brand planning, digital marketing, agency oversight, advertising, social media, and package design strategies.
• We are a family owned winery with an established reputation for producing world-class wines. Since 1973 to be exact.
• Our success is built on quality, consistency, and continuity - characteristics we apply equally to the people, grapes, and operations of the winery.
• Recently, our employees gave such outstanding survey feedback that we became a certified Great Place to Work!
• We are all about our company culture so much so, that it’s our #1 priority.
• We believe in the good life. With 80 employees, there are enough resources to go around so you can enjoy life and all the benefits we have to offer.
• We love giving back to the community. In fact, we set aside dollars for community resources like health care and housing and donate to several charities.
• We value sustainability in all aspects of our business. We respect the land and our management of it – treating the soil, water and climate with care and respect with regard to the next generation.
With us you will be able to:
• Work with extraordinarily passionate people. Top talent wants to work with top talent. Here you will have the chance.
• Be an integral part of a family owned company where everyone knows your name.
• Stay sharp and broaden your knowledge base, achieve new heights with a team dedicated to your professional growth.
• Work with a leader that has your back.
• Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
What we will ask you to do:
• Partner with Cakebread colleagues for cohesive brand messaging and standards.
• Manage product portfolio mix to ensure healthy financial returns including development of new products and design refreshes.
• Develop and execute dynamic brand-building campaigns that reflect changing consumer behavior, marketing touchpoints and technologies.
• Provide actionable insights as to what is driving performance.
• Bring an authentic genuine positive attitude and high energy 100% of the time.
• Collaborate with your fellow team members and share your ideas.
• Be a dependable extended family member.
• Hone your passion for wine and wine production.
• Deliver and share your commitment to remarkable hospitality – as if you were hosting friends to your house for wine and food.
What you should bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
• 6-8 years of hands-on wine marketing and brand management experience with a commercially successful luxury wine brand(s)
• Proven track record of success with brand and channel planning, POS management, digital marketing, social media, advertising and PR, outside agency oversight, events development and management, package design, sales forecasting and data analysis
• Strong financial, business, accounting, math acumen, quantitative analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to accurately use a variety of data sources to analyze relevant business situations, drivers and growth opportunities; and to establish facts, develop insights and draw valid conclusions
• Exceptional written and verbal skills, along with ability to competently and confidently speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
• Versatile and flexible person who can easily shift gears between fast-paced, dynamic situations and more moderate paced situations, demonstrating patience and enthusiasm while retaining motivation and a strong sense of closure / completion
• Results-oriented with a track record of success in accomplishing objectives on schedule and enjoy participating in and leading projects to improve systems and procedures
• Strong time-management, planning and organizational skills
• Possess advanced computer skills and be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; experience with AMS preferred
• Able to travel as necessary and work a flexible schedule; travel estimated at 10%
What we will bring to the table:
• Competitive salary including profit sharing.
• Employee focused culture.
• Full health care benefits options including medical, dental, and vision with a wellness and safety focus.
• 401K plan with company match.
• Vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Employee discounts.
• Leadership development opportunities.