- Expired: November 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
CakeBoxx Technologies is an innovative, global Supply Chain Systems Engineering and product company that develops and implements technical transportation and storage solutions for defense and technology partners worldwide. Our innovative, problem-solving solutions are focused on the optimization of supply chains to ensure safe and secure transport and storage of high-consequence, high-value, mission critical systems and components of today’s most advanced systems in the rapidly developing unmanned vehicle, space, sensor, and related technology supply space. We are a forward-looking innovation company that understands our true value is dependent on the professionalism, skill and experience of our leadership and management team.
CakeBoxx has an immediate opening for a full-time, ON-SITE, located in McLean, Virginia, Senior Mechanical Engineer proficient in CAD design and manufacturing drawings.
The position requires the proficient use of structural engineering / analysis / testing / simulation and design tools in support of new product development of the mechanical structures, capabilities and components of shipping containers and interfaces. This includes 2D and 3D modeling, animation and motion applications.
The position requires proficiency and imaginative use of design tools with immediate familiarity and proficiency with SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation or CREO and understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Non-Destructive Test (NDT) processes, tools, and application.
Animation and motion development skills must include at a minimum use of Autodesk Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, or similar 3D animation software.
Other specific responsibilities include a variety of activities focused on the development of technical documentation, quality assurance of finished goods, materials, inspection, and testing of shipping containers. This includes collaboration with networked engineering and manufacturing partners globally.
General duties include basic office skills, cooperation, teamwork, communications, and deadline management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- On-site position (McLean, VA), Full Time 40+ hr. week.
- Previous experience in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, civil engineering, or related fields
- Highly proficient in preparing 3D parts and assembly models using SolidWorks or Creo
- Highly proficient in creating engineering drawings and documentation for piece parts and assembly with ISO standards and geometrical tolerances (GD&T)
- Knowledgeable of material and material handling
- Proficient in static, model finite element analysis (FEA)
- In depth of understanding manufacture processes and Quality Assurance (QA)
- Knowledgeable of electronics, control system, thermal system including reefer unit specification
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Have experience creating animated concept videos using software such as Autodesk Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, or any other 3D animation software
- Critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skill
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize, multitask, attention to details, quick response
- Teamwork, independent thought, anticipation skills
- Passport and ability to travel globally are desired but not required
- International language skills are important but not required. “Chinese/Mandarin”
- Comprehensive historical resume required
Salary Compensation – Available upon request
Benefits – Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance
Get fresh Industrial Engineer Supply Chain jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.