Finance and Accounting Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
At Cahoot, we are a team of rebels rewriting the rules of fulfillment. Who dream of a better solution to surviving and thriving in the new retail world of ecommerce. We are working tirelessly to imagine and build a new future of order fulfillment like the world has never seen before, and so are our network members. They see things differently, like we do. They are the true innovators and the change agents who are pushing ecommerce forward.
We came up with a solution no one imagined before, a peer-to-peer network of merchants working together to fulfill each other’s orders! Our revolutionary order fulfillment and shipping optimization cuts down the distance packages need to travel, enabling merchants to choose ground shipping while delivering orders faster. Ground shipping produces 85% less CO2 emissions and costs up to 50% less compared to air cargo, it’s a win-win for the planet and you whenever we optimize your order!Job Description
The Operations Department is seeking a part-time Finance & Accounting Associate who will be responsible for assisting in billing/invoicing, accounts payable items, journal entries, query analysis, budget/forecasting, ad-hoc requests, as well as contributing to improvements in established processes within the role. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, come join us!
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Assist corporate finance with invoicing and payment transactions
- Assist with month end close duties, including completion of journal entries and variance analysis
- Assist in being able to consolidate large sets of data and produce reports with limited supervision
- Customer billing inquiries
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Provide assistance and/or manage a variety of ad-hoc initiatives, including but not limited to financial systems improvement, coordinating collections, process enhancements, revenue reconciliations, etc.
- Assist with processing invoices through our AP system on a weekly basis
- Analyze aging list, assist in strategy for collections and credits/write-off
- 1-5 years’ experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles, methods, and practices
- Strong MS Excel skills (tables, formulas, pivots tables, Vlookups, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with drive for results
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Team player with excellent work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to commute daily to our HQ in Bridgeport, CT
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cahoot