Licensed Clinical Social Worker Pediatrics Counselor
Reports to Director of Behavioral Health
Summary: Provide behavioral health consultation, individual counseling, and group counseling
to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psycho-social functioning.
Responsibilities: Include the following.
● Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health patients.
● Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving
● Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
● Actively participate in meetings that support Cahaba’s integrated health care model to
provide comprehensive care for patients.
● Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further
psychological or physical deterioration.
● Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use
of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education
to improve self-management of chronic disease.
● Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric
problems and/or disorders.Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and
treatment enhancement techniques.
● Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient
services and making recommendations for improvement.
● Coordinates with patients for behavioral health treatment plan creation and
● Maintains scheduled appointments for individual counseling and family counseling
sessions and documentation of encounters within the EMR
● Facilitates Group Counseling Sessions
● Function as the Primary Counselor within the assigned clinic.
● Manages crisis intervention within your assigned clinic.
● Participates in provider/ Behavioral Health meetings
● Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Masters Degree in Social Work or Counseling
Certificates and Licenses: Licensed in the State of Alabama as a Licensed Master
Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW),
Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or if
unlicensed, under the supervision of a LICSW, LPC, or PhD.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Word Processing software.
● Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for
medical and mental health conditions.
● Ability to work through brief patient contacts, group facilitation, 60 minute therapeutic
counseling sessions as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental
and behavioral conditions.
● Ability to adjust to the pace of primary care, work with an interdisciplinary team, and
have strong communication skills.
● Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
● Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of
selected chronic conditions.
● Maintains Alabama license, if applicable, in good standing
● Submits to the necessary components to maintain privileging within the clinic including
background checks, random drug screens, peer reviews by CMO, certification of fitness
to perform duties, and willingness to comply with the various quality improvement
Cahaba Medical Care FoundationAlabaster, AL
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.