Certified Medical Assistant
- $16 to $21 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance
- Professional experience working in a clinical discipline, preferably in dermatology practice or plastic surgery.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Experience in Electronic Medical records
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- A willingness to work hard in a very busy practice, be reliable and be a member of the team
- Strong attention to detail and service driven
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hours 7:30 to 5:30 M-F, rotating schedule
- Health minded and Non-smoker
- Must pass background and drug test will be performed.
Cahaba Dermatology & Skin Health Center is looking for a full-time Certified Medical Assistant. We are a high volume dermatology and cosmetic practice. The ideal candidate must be highly professional, personable, and friendly who will share responsibilities in interacting with our patients and providers. We value quality patient care and impeccable service. If you seek a supportive and team oriented work environment then this is the place for you. Cahaba Dermatology offers competitive compensation and benefits including extras like disability, life. Position involves routine patient care and supportive duties to assist providers and other office staff members in the examination and treatment of patients. This position may involve some travel.
- Perform Prior Authorizations for Medications
- Answer all phone messages and call in medications and report biopsies back as well as lab results
- Prepare exam rooms for patient appointments, ensuring rooms are clean prior to each appointment and stocked with necessary equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Review medical history, greet and escort patient to the appropriate exam room; record patient interview, history, chief complaint, and baseline information; and perform routine screening tests.
- Assist physicians in clinic with exams, procedures, and related clinical tasks like suture removal, dressing changes, and injections.
- Provide detailed post care instructions following appointments
- Monitor the inventory of exam room supplies and immediately notify Nursing Manager or designated employee of supply shortages or impending supply shortages.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and clinical expertise, maintain individual competence in nursing practices, and recognize and accept responsibility for actions and judgment
- Assist with scheduling of patient's tests and treatments.
- Complete daily lab tasks and maintain clinic equipment based upon scheduled maintenance
- Maintenance of biopsy log, and pathology reports. Record results in patient charts.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in clinic settings.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Hoover, AL (Valleydale Rd. near I-65)
Required education: Medical Assistant Certification or similar qualification
Required experience: 1 Year
Cahaba Dermatology is a company that values its employees. We create success for our business and employees by focusing on providing value.
At Cahaba Dermatology & Spa, our mission is to advance the highest level of patient care and excellence in dermatology and spa. Our goal is to provide patients with outstanding comprehensive care. We will always work to ensure care and our services meet and exceed expectations. At Cahaba Dermatology & Spa, patients will experience exceptional service with a personalized approach from all our providers and their well-trained and dedicated staff.
Cahaba Dermatology & Skin Health Center
2279 Valleydale Rd. Ste 10-Hoover, AL
Get fresh Certified Medical Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.