Heavy Equipment Operator
- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION: Heavy Equipment Operator
LOCATION: Chowchilla, CA
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
SALARY: Starting $18.00/ per hr., DOE
Company Overview: Caglia Environmental is part of the Caglia Family of Companies. Located in Fresno, Visalia and Chowchilla, CA we employ over 250 team members among the five companies. We are a diverse group of companies, from Electric Motor Repair, Electrical Distribution and Construction, to Landfill Management, Recycling, & Waste and Disposal.
Assist the Operations Manager to insure a safe, compliant and efficient landfill by helping with all daily equipment and landfill operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for operations including waste tipping, waste compaction and placement of daily cover.
- Responsible for operations of heavy equipment such as crawler tractors, compactors, scrappers, rubber tire loaders, water trucks, forklifts, articulating dump trucks and excavators.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment including fuel and equipment inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment clean inside cab, around wheels and dozer tracks.
- Responsible for screening and notifying the Operations Manager of loads containing Hazardous Waste.
- Responsible for knowledge of the proper and safe use of all vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Responsible to have knowledge of emergency response plan in the event of an emergency.
- Responsible for electronic communication with scale house, spotters and customers for the safe delivery of material to the working face.
- Insures a safe environment for all people entering the landfill.
- Enforces the companies tipping area rules and regulations.
- Other special projects, implementations and tasks as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with management
- Focus on safety, quality and details
- Use technical and professional knowledge and acquired skills
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3-years related heavy equipment experience
- CPR / First Aid Certified
- Ability to pass a random drug screen
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Class C California driver's license
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to achieve with limited supervision
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?