3rd shift Food Safety Quality Assurance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position summary: The FSQA Technician is responsible for all food safety related checks on ingredients, materials and finished products, ensuring conformance to specifications. FSQA Techs will also verify raw materials and lot numbers of incoming supplies for conformance to specifications.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following:
Strong desire to learn and grow
Prior Quality experience
A flexible schedule to work on various shifts if needed
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work on a team
The ideal candidate should also have experience that fits the "Food Safety Quality Assurance Technician" job description. ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Consistent and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Must be able to work within a team environment, treat all with respect – no fighting.
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break. There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently per production needs.
- Must be able to wear/utilize personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work with food allergens: milk, soy, eggs, and tree nuts.
- Must be able to stand a minimum of 8 hours and a maximum of 12 hours.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and traverse walkways.
- Ability to work in confined spaces. (Spiral)
- Assist in examining raw materials or packaging for defects such as cracks, holes, foreign material, and damage and validate lot numbers with quantities to the bill of lading.
- Ability to verify and document pre-operational swabbing.
- Ability to perform sensory testing of all products during the product reviews and GEMBA walks. Documenting any action plans on the product review white board and in Red Zone.
- Ability to successfully perform calibrations on all lab equipment and metal detectors per Company’s standard Lab practices (SLP) and policies.
- Ability to perform internal food safety inspections and follow up on any action item.
- Ability to understand how and when to properly execute a hold and release of non-conforming product.
- Ability to understand and perform the receiving of bulk raw ingredients (Flour /Oil).
- Ability to verify cooler and freezer temperatures.
- Ability to understand verification of the flour sifter.
- Ability to perform moisture and PH testing and understand refractometer readings.
- Ability to understand and perform environmental swabbing.
- Ability to read and understand product specification sheets.
- Ability to log and maintain retention samples.
- Ability to create master case labels.
- Ability to perform and verify shelf life testing of all products.
- Ability to comply with GMPs.
- Monitor, record, and initiate corrections if needed for freezer and cooler temperatures.
- Monitor filtration records for raw bulk ingredients.
- Perform sifter bucket tailing inspection and screen integrity inspection.
- Operate any diagnostic equipment needed to perform job.
- Maintain constant communication with production personnel about collected relevant data and help to achieve standards.
- Selects products for test at specified stages in production process, and test for a variety of qualities such as dimensions and weight.
- Monitor proof boxes’ humidity and temperature
- Identify Food safety, Quality and GMP compliance issues during GEMBA audits with plant team.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required SkillsQualifications required:
High school diploma or GED required or minimum of 2 years of Food manufacturing experience.
Ability to read and write.
Ability to input data electronically
Ability to input data into an Excel spreadsheet.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
Knowledge of BRC/SQF requirements
Basic computer skills
Basic GMP knowledge
Basic knowledge of Food safety regulations
Basic knowledge of Hazzard Analysis Critical Control Points/Hazzard Analysis Risk -Based Preventive Controls (HACCP/HARPC)
Basic math skills
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret standards and specifications.
- Correctly understand, perform and enter quality checks in red zone.
- Understand importance of the GMP’s and the chain of command for reporting deviations.
- Ability to communicate quality issues to Supervisors to effectively correct the issues
- Strong understanding of food safety and product quality systems.
- Commitment to food safety and product quality.
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use hands to finger, grasp, or feel objects, talk or communicate, hear, and visually inspect areas to be cleaned.
Work environment: Medium work exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Both inside and outside environmental conditions: Activities occur in coolers and freezers during shift. Exposure to cold and freezing temperatures in the coolers and freezers areas. Exposure to high heat while in the warehouse, especially during summer months.
Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids. Floors in manufacturing areas may be
slippery due to production debris on floor.
Cafe Valley Bakery
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cafe Valley Bakery
Get fresh FOOD Quality Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.