Greets all dignitary guests and makes them feel welcome by seeing to their needs.
Serves meals, tea, hor d'ouvres, cocktails and other food and beverage to Hotel guest rooms. Performs concierge duties.
Assists dignitary guests in unpacking, packing and the selection, care and maintenance of their wardrobe.
Coordinates appropriate wardrobe needs i.e., pressing, dry cleaning, and polishing shoes.
Arranges for personal services such as haircutting and styling, manicures, massages, etc.
Remains immediately available during assigned shift to respond to guests' needs and expectations. Arranges for the provision of special services on request such as birthday cakes, special food or beverages, etc.
Maintains butler's pantry and all other assigned areas in a neat and serviceable condition.
Reports any deficiencies to assigned supervisor and coordinates corrective action.
Maintains the hospitality and clean, professional appearance of the Hotel Lobby and guest sitting areas.
Demonstrates Harrah's Spotlight 5 behaviors: Initiates Friendly Greeting, Smiles and Makes Eye Contact, Demonstrates Upbeat and Positive Attitude, Checks for Satisfaction, Provides a Warm Farewell.
- Minimum two years experience in hospitality services such as butler/valet or equivalent
- Literate and fluent in English.
- Previous customer service experience required, with an emphasis in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- PC literate with a minimum working knowledge of Microsoft's Word and Excel required.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift. Must present a well-groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift and carry serving trays weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Auditory range to include immediate environment.
- Visual field to include near and far distances.
- Mobility to move quickly and easily about Hotel and Restaurant areas. Ability to maintain composure under all situations, including handling abusive guests, in a positive manner.
- Ability to walk, talk, stand, balance and work in a noisy environment. Manual dexterity, including handling silverware, dishware, guest checks and pencils/pens.
- Ability to work as a team member and coordinate activities. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work in a "smoke filled" environment.GAMING PERMIT: N/AHarrah's reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.