Assist in the delivery of Occupational healthcare and patient management for injuries and other medical testing procedures.
- High School Diploma.
- 12 months to 2 years of related work experience preferred, but not required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare the examination room for the patient.
- Take patient vital signs and record vitals in the medical chart.
- With great attention to detail, perform a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians.
- Vital signs, vision screenings, audiogram, spirometry, EKG, injections, phlebotomy, drug screen collection, breath alcohol screening and confirmations.
- Follow detailed client protocols.
- Perform and document specified procedures and results.
- Assist the billing department in regards to patient care inquiries, as needed.
- Conduct occasional onsite screening.
- Drug and alcohol testing, physicals, flu injections, etc.
- Order medical supplies, if required.
- Perform front office duties, as assigned.
- Work to the established standards of the practice, and as instructed.
- Carry out any other duties, as assigned.
- Willingness to cover the Medical Assistant position in different clinic locations, if required.
- Serve as a secondary float, at any of the Caduceus clinics, to meet the needs of our clients.
- Assist with the training of new employees, as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Learn and retain knowledge of Caduceus protocols and procedures.
- Learn and retain knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Work professionally as a member of a team, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Communicate orally and in writing, in a clear and professional manner.
- Perform all other assigned duties and additional responsibilities.
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited teaching establishment preferred. If hired without certification, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Must pass training exams to become a Certified Drug Screen Collector and Certified Breath Alcohol Technician. Training and exams are administered by Caduceus USA.
- Must pass training exam for Radiology. Training and exams to perform x-rays are administered by Caduceus USA.
Our goal at Caduceus USA is simple. We want to serve the occupational needs of our clients. This includes a full range of services, from basic drug screening to a comprehensive occupational medicine program.
Why Work Here?Caduceus USA, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of medical management services related to Occupational Medicine. Our physicians are experienced and knowledgeable in the care of injured workers and are very familiar with the Georgia workers’ compensation system. With the required expansion of Physician Panels enacted in 2002, the recent growth of our occupational multi-site medical clinics is most timely. Our goal at Caduceus USA is simple. We want to serve the occupational needs of our clients. This includes a full range of services, from basic drug screening to a comprehensive occupational medicine program.
Exceptional growth opportunity!