Accountant - Active Security Clearance
- Posted: over a month ago
CADRE is relied upon for delivering superior insight and leadership to solve the nation's most critical national security challenges in the most demanding environments.
This Accountant position is located in Northern Virginia and includes occasional domestic travel with core hours between 10AM and 3PM.
The Accountant strengthens communications and working relationships with project teams and partners, while demonstrating effective interpersonal influencing skills, and working both independently and on teams. A thorough knowledge of regulations is fundamental and timely and accurate reporting is critical to success. The Accountant has a desire to contribute to business operations success, recognize and solve business problems, and earn the trust of the business team.
Duties: The Accountant performs the following core functions:
- Perform accounting services for business units
- Produce work papers to support financials statement and tax reporting
- Production of memory for internal oversight groups, and Senior Management summarizing work product
- Search for and document unusual business operations and events
- Represent the CFO function by displaying knowledge as the finance staff expert within their assigned project teams, acting as "internal" CFO of their assigned project teams and providing a moral and ethical compass to their assigned project teams
- Prepare business unit, payroll, and other tax forms as required by displaying a knowledge of domestic and international taxes and advising business operations accordingly
- Display and use knowledge of domestic and international accounting practices, and provide direct/first interface and with internal oversight bodies
- Assist senior managers with administrative procedures, and use their knowledge of budget formulation to support project reporting and management of rolling expenditure forecasts
- Provide advice on internal controls, corporate structures, and capital flows; maintain relationship management with other accountants, and corporate business partners; and validate financial information provided through leadership reports
- Perform other duties as assigned at the direction of Project Management
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field (may include business law or auditing or other CPA eligible degree).
- Minimum of three (3) years in accounting or bookkeeping plus education
- Domestic travel may be required but not frequent
- Familiarity with preparing financial statements in accounting software
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently as well as part of a project team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, influences those who do not report to them
- Has the ability to find creative solutions - finds solutions rather than just problems
- 1-3 Years Tax Preparation experience
- CPA preferred
- Exposure to international accounting standards or international accounting
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressFalls Church, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cadre
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?