Service Manager - Northern California Metro Cadillac Dealer
As an integral member of our Northern California Metro Cadillac Dealer the Service Manager is responsible for the efficient, customer-focused operation of the dealership's service department. They are responsible to ensure maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relationships, setting and obtaining sales objectives and maintaining service records. The Service Manager is responsible for ensuring a customer experience that meets or exceeds the manufacturer’s customer satisfaction index and for monitoring and improving customer satisfaction.
Are you an expert when it comes to service? Do you enjoy leading teams? Do you have a passion for the automotive industry? Then we have a Permanent Full-time position open for a professional individual like yourself. We are looking for a Service Manager!!!
If you are hard-working, passionate, and determined, then this job is for you! The Service Manager is responsible to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Service department, including maintaining profitability of the Service department.
- Oversee the efficient operations of the Service Department and the Drive Thru lube bay (if applicable) including the safety, security and efficiency of its operation and staff are adhered to including all cleanliness and repairs are completed.
- Oversee and manage the dispatching of all shop work with expressed interest on overall shop productivity, customer satisfaction and technician training without bias or prejudice
- Set department sales objectives and submit annual forecast and monthly profitability reports
- Provide leadership and management to all Service staff including all staffing, training and performance.
- Interview, hire, and mentor service advisors and technicians
- Establish compensation and/or commission programs that support both the profit goals of the center, and provide enhanced employee motivation and reduced turnover
- Oversee the service operations are managed in accordance with customer service standards
- Handle elevated customer issues or complaints until resolution
- As a member of the Dealership team, consistently assist in developing and influencing all positive change necessary to grow dealership.
- Oversee the marketing and promotions of the Service Department and Lube Bay
- Minimum 5 years experience as a manager, preferably in a Service Management role
- Automotive service knowledge and experience
- Staff management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Advanced decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and maintain professionalism during high-volume periods
- Self-driven to work independently with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Reynolds & Reynolds (ERA) or ADP/CDK Automotive software is an asset but not mandatory
- Effective Communication
- Customer Service
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Enthusiasm
- Sales Skill
- Organization & Time Management
Our Automotive Group aspires to foster a dynamic company culture by having a workplace where people go the extra mile and is dedicated to developing and retaining top talent. With almost 50 years of history, help us redefine what our future should look like by joining our team however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At our Automotive Group, our vision is to be the most respected auto group in North America. In keeping with our mission, we strive to move customers’ lives forward with the best in automotive solutions, service and people. Through demonstrating our core values of respect, transparency, care, excellence and innovation, we stand out from the rest and create a growth-driven organization.
Our Automotive Group offers competitive total compensation, work that is challenging and meaningful, an engaging and collaborative work culture, performance recognition and room for growth opportunities. We are an automotive dealership group with multiple locations in both Canada and the United States. Our organization allows us to serve a diverse customer base across all locations providing a variety of automotive services to customers with new and pre-owned vehicles, financing, leasing, service and repair, and Service. Our Automotive Group, founded in 1974, has expanded and continues to grow significantly. Our team consists of service technicians, product specialists and support staff from each location.
This Automotive Group believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time