Curriculum Coordinator/Preschool Assistant Director
Cadence Education Odessa, DE
- Expired: January 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Curriculum Coordinator/Assistant Director
Cadence Education is currently in search of our next Curriculum Coordinator/Preschool Assistant Director at Tender Loving Kare Child Care & Learning Center in Odessa, DE.
Preschool Assistant Director Required Skills:
- Proven experience and success at an Assistant Director of a large school
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of hands-on teaching experience
- Compliance with state licensing standards for a preschool program director, including but not limited to criminal background screening and fingerprinting
- Minimum requirement of education/experience within one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university combined with 6+ months of experience in the group care of children - or -
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education - or -
- Associate's degree or equivalent combined with 1+ year in a supervisory position and 2+ years of experience in the group care of children
- Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, and fire, health, and OSHA regulations
- Strong knowledge of USDA Nutritional Standards for Schools
- Must be at least 21 years old and meet corporate driving requirements
Preschool Assistant Director Responsibilities:
- Establish a safe, healthy, and welcoming preschool setting and oversee programs and activities to engage and educate young children
- Develop open lines of communication with staff, parents, and children-and conduct one-on-one meetings with parents to discuss each child's progress
- Build and support a qualified team of childcare educators to promote our superior reputation in early-childhood education
- Meet or exceed financial goals and objectives
- Participate in marketing events, campaigns, and community relations
- Provide unparalleled customer service
- Ensure full compliance with corporate policies as well as federal, state, and company standards, regulations, and requirements including licensing, safety, and sanitation
- Help manage hiring and recruitment of new staff
Leadership and Managing Performance
- The Preschool Assistant Director upholds company standards and set the example by consistently modeling professional leadership, management and instructional skills while interacting with others. Demonstrates consistency in words and actions
- Clearly communicates preschool standards, guidelines, and preschool policies to all staff and stress their importance to the organization
- Ability to train a staff of 20 - 40 and oversee the completion of performance appraisals, supervise the development of individualized goals for staff's professional growth and development, as well as supervise the monitoring and evaluation of goal accomplishment
Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 225 private preschools and elementary schools across 27 states. With over 27 years in business, we have developed an unparalleled expertise in preparing students to thrive in the next step of their childhood.
Our overall mission is to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. This mission can only be accomplished through a team of passionate childcare professionals who combine their talents to provide an unparalleled level of care and compassion for children and their families. Our research-based curriculum and home-based environments are anything but a "daycare" - we are the evolution of early education.
Our schools are staffed with individuals who are talented, fun, and genuinely enthusiastic about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration and cherish open-communication in each school and with our corporate office. We work hard to create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting leaders and staff members every step of the way. For additional information about Cadence, please visit www.cadence-education.com.
Benefits of Working at Cadence Education:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% childcare tuition discount
- Educational and professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Medical, dental, vision options available
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
SAFETY FIRST: The health and safety of every person in our schools is our primary concern and we are taking every precaution to prevent potential exposure or spread of COVID-19 within our schools. We are actively partnering with local health departments and closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Cadence Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.