Working directly for the SVP Business Development and in support of the operational Presidents, the Director of Business Development will help foster the existing customer relationships and cultivate new opportunities in the commercial aerospace sector to create sales opportunities that support our strategic growth plan. This position will have a strong focus on our Boeing work statement and be home-based out of our Everett or Tacoma, Washington facility. We have a strong customer centric philosophy, and strive to meet their needs through active engagement and creative solutions.
- Responsible for developing, cultivating and managing strategic relationships in the commercial aerospace sector.
- Identify and develop both new and follow-on business opportunities to generate profitable growth with long-term value.
- Work closely with the operating Presidents to identify sales expansion opportunities and to resolve any technical or contract issues with existing customers.
- Drive creative technical solutions with internal resources to maximize efficiencies and ensure competitive bids.
- Establish strategies for new product opportunities within our core strengths, targeting strategically aligned value proposition work statements, and capitalizing on our current centers of excellence.
- Develop successful capture strategies to secure contracts.
- Provide guidance and support throughout the bid process to ensure manufacturing strategies align with corporate vision and pricing is competitive while meeting internal targets.
- Find creative technical and sourcing solutions to provide the best overall value proposition to our customers on work statement.
- Interpret and define customer requirements and articulate them to team members and produce an integrated product solution as needed.
- Negotiate complex contract terms consistent with Cadence Aerospace standards and expectations.
- Strong customer relationship management
- Represent Cadence Aerospace at industry trade shows, association meetings and other networking events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial aerospace business development working with high profile customers.
- Extensive experience with contract negotiation, interpretation and program management.
- Technical knowledge of complex Aerostructures CNC machined parts and assemblies.
- The ideal candidate will have active and positive relationships with senior leadership at Boeing finance and/or supply chain and established contacts at other OEM or Tier One suppliers.
- Must have a strong business acumen, including comprehensive understanding of financial metrics and cost accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Customer Relationships, Sales Strategies, Strategic Thinking, Ethical Conduct, Accountability, Metrics Driven, Presentations, Effective Communication, Approachability, Initiative, MS Office Computer Skills. Technical knowledge of aerospace specifications, model-based definitions, hard and soft metal CNC machining, current machining technologies, complex aerospace assembly.
Cadence Aerospace offers a competitive salary, incentive program and an attractive benefit program, including medical, dental, life/disability, retirement and bonus programs. Relocation assistance considered.
Cadence Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.