- Posted: over a month ago
The Lineman performs a variety of duties related to the installation, operation, repair, and maintenance of overhead telecommunications lines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground
- Repairs and maintains major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements
- Reads and interprets work orders, specifications and engineering/construction documents to determine the tasks to be performed
- Operate aerial and underground equipment needed to perform work
- Set up traffic control signs and cones
- Flag and/or direct traffic as needed
- Accurately complete all required company documentation for each assignment according to established company standards and procedures (i.e. timesheet, truck report, expense report)
- Proficient with office management methods and techniques
- May assist with general accounting tasks
- Adhere to all established company safety policies and perform work in a safe manner
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in order to help team complete a project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret engineering/construction prints, plans and specifications
- Must have attention to detail and be thorough in completing work tasks
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and collaboratively within a team environment Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to safely ascend/descend poles and ladders
- Takes great pride in delivering excellent work product
- Must be able to work safely at heights in excess of 20+ feet
- Ability to move materials/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Able to work 10+ hours in a day when necessary
- Willing to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Weekly travel is required for this position. Company will pay hotel expenses (shared room)
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Lineman
- Experience operating and working in truck mounted aerial lifts
- Experience working from engineering/construction prints, plans and specifications
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two (2) years' of experience as a Lineman preferably in the telecommunications field
- Experience with coax and fiber construction (UG and Aerial)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass a criminal background screen
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record (three year lookback)
- Pre-employment drug test
- DOT physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position typically requires: balancing, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, grasping, reaching, stooping, squatting, kneeling, climbing, hearing, and talking.
Outside work: Exposure to varying weather conditions
Cable Services Company, Inc . is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity
Cable Services Company, Inc.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Cable Services Company, Inc.