- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are much more than just a team; we are family. We in Finance and accounting believe in taking care of each other. We stand together to achieve a common goal of empowering people and communities to connect and thrive.
To be eligible to work remote and to apply, you must reside within one of the states listed below:
(AL, AK, AR, AZ, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, OR, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT).
What you will do to contribute to the company's success
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries as assigned within expense accounting including Prepaid Amortization
- Maintains supporting documentation for monthly journal entries and accrual balances
- Supports Payroll expense entries and payroll accrual entries as needed
- Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure data integrity
- Manage and records detailed expense incurred through Corporate Credit Card program
- Provide support to Accountant II and Accounting Manager positions as needed
- Support audit tasks as assigned within area of responsibility
- Maintains current knowledge of sound accounting procedures and utilizes Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Performs other related duties, special projects and ad hoc reporting as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Three-plus years’ experience in General accounting desired
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet tight month end close deadlines with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, experienced with integrated accounting/reporting systems a plus.
- Requires discretion regarding sensitive company information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and senior management.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties with little direction and great detail for accuracy
- Must have ability to work independently as well as with others, have strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Available to work overtime as needed
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Knowledge of telecom and/or cable systems
- Knowledge of Part 32 accounting a plus.
- Committed: Values each and every customer, while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.
- Helpful: Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.
- Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and rewarding.
- Personal: Knows our customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.
Cable One and our family of brands appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans – start when you start!
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)
- 401(k) - 100% company match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
- Free Cable One services for associates who live in a serviceable area
- Annual community support to various organizations across the U.S.
- Associate recognition & awards programs
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
We’re an Award-Winning Organization!
- 2022 Forbes’ “America’s Best Midsized Employers”
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. "Stronger Together" is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify, and embody each and every day.
Cable One and our family of brands is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Cable One and our family of brands is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
Cable ONEWhy Work Here?
Cable One, Inc. is a leading broadband communications provider committed to connecting customers and communities to what matters most.
At Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cable ONE