IT Technician- Site Support
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cabinetworks Group is seeking an experienced IT Technican - Site Support for our Waconia Executive office building and Manufacturing plant. This person will be responsible for ensuring operational readiness for devices used to accomplish organizational tasks. This will include, but is not limited to, installation, testing, preventive maintenance, support, and troubleshooting hardware and software utilized to fulfill prescribed manufacturing processes and various office applications. Technical support specialists often assist end users in defining requirements and recommending solutions and will have occasion to assist server administrators and network engineers in completing system implementations and upgrades.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Build a rapport with customers and technical resources .
- • Document, prioritize, and resolve user requests received in queue through a tracking tool.
- • Effectively utilize provided tools to document, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- • Work in a team environment.
- • Responsible use and management of accessible replacement equipment and software tools.
- • Responsible use and management of surplus hardware and software inventories and proper disposal of obsolete materials.
- • Perform preventive maintenance and upkeep of 'in service' equipment and software.
- • Understand your customer's process and be able to assist in recommending solutions and improvements.
- • Assist systems administrators and engineers in accomplishing implementations and upgrades.
- • Act as a liaison in utilizing, interacting with and directing external resources and contractors.
- • Assist in administration of specialized software requirements and client data.
- • Assist in administration of anti-virus and virus/malware remediation.
- • Visit local plants and supplier facilities to provide multisite support
- • Assist CSD (Client Services Desk) in rollover and as supplemental resource as needed.
- • Provide coverage of alternate shifts and responsibilities within site support team as needed to accommodate vacation schedules and unexpected or extended absence.
- • An Associates level degree or higher in Information Systems or equivalent
- • At least 2 years of experience working in an IT capacity
- • Excellent Organization skills and Attention to detail
- • Logical process and problem solving ability
- • Ability and desire to learn and grow in skill and competency
- • Proven Knowledge and understanding of common systems, such as Windows; MS Office Suite; Internet browsers; line matrix, thermal transfer, and laser printing; LAN/WAN/WLAN.
- • The flexibility to work equally well within a team or solitary.
- • The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional manner verbally and in writing.
- • The ability to prioritize and multi-task according to business need and goals
- • Open to some travel; mostly local, but some probability for travel to plants beyond the local area to assist in projects or continuous improvement events, etc.
- • Clean driving record is required for use of fleet vehicles.
- • Must be willing participant in 'on-call' rotation.
- • Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and work on lift equipment in the performance of your responsibilities.
- • May be working in a manufacturing environment with Oak dust.
- Exposure, knowledge, skill, or competency (beyond essential qualifications) in other OS (Linux, AIX); ERP systems (JOE, Oracle, Unidata); SQL database; JAVA; CITRIX; network physical layer; Cisco routing & switching; various anti-virus and virus remediation tools; data center physical security; backup and recovery is highly preferred.
Cabinetworks GroupWhy Work Here?
Growing organization with great benefits and great people!
Cabinetworks Group is the largest independently owned manufacturer and distributor of cabinets in the United States. Cabinetworks Group offers a highly diverse product portfolio of framed and frameless cabinetry that spans the continuum from value-priced options to truly custom. Our business is built on strong relationships with dealers, home centers, and single-family and multi-family home builders. Cabinetworks Group is home to iconic brands including Advanta®, Cabinets 2000, Cardell®, DesignCraft®, Echelon®, KraftMaid®, Master WoodCraftTM, MasterCraftTM, Medallion®, Merillat®, ModicoTM, QualityCabinetsTM, Schuler®, SerenadeTM, Smart®, Studio Full AccessTM, and Yorktowne®. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Cabinetworks Group has manufacturing facilities and service centers strategically located through the United States.