Bilingual Patient Representative Float
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Floater Patient Representative
Department: Patient Services
Position Classification/Category: Clerical
Location: Assigned Clinic
Hourly Pay Range:
Reports To: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Summary of Position
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for timely and accurate recording of patient demographics, insurance information, patient charges and payments. The Floater Patient Representative facilitates client entry into Cabarrus Rowan Community Health Centers, including greeting client, answering phone calls, and scheduling appointments.
Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language. Communicates effectively. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Ability to effectively maintain confidentiality of records and communicate with all levels of personnel.
· Experience: One year of clerical experience in an office setting
- Additional skills required: Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Strong basic computer skills required. Able to maintain confidentiality and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Travel required: Ability to travel to all CRCHC locations and assist at all CRCHC special population clinics.
- Additional skills preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and English
Education: High school diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing.
· Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
· Reach with hands and arms.
· Talk and hear.
1. Greet patients.
2. Answer incoming phone calls.
3. Schedule patient appointment following clinic guidelines.
4. Interview patient to obtain personal and financial information. Calculate sliding fee eligibility based on client income and enter patient charges appropriately.
5. Accurately and completely document patient information in the electronic health record to facilitate billing.
6. Complete Medical requests for all CRCHC locations.
7. Review patient chart for records requiring updating and perform necessary updates.
8. Create patient claim, collect payment, and document payment in electronic health record.
9. Reconcile payments at end of the day.
10. Scan documents into patient charts within 12 hours of visit.
11. Compose messages to provider/staff regarding patient communication.
12. Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area.
13. Travel to other CRCHC locations in the event front desk staffing coverage is needed.
14. Travel to all Rapid Test events.
15. Participate in quality improvement activities by initiating or contributing to monitoring, measuring, analyzing, improving and/or controlling program goals, objectives and/or services.
16. Support current incentive, regulatory, and certification requirements (such as Meaningful Use, PCMH and UDS) through documentation, participation in initiatives, and other activities as directed.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
CRCHC Core Requirements
1. Patient Centered Customer Service – Whether directly or indirectly, we work to support the delivery of an excellent patient experience to everyone served by the organization.
2. Caring and Compassion – We provide empathic comfort to those in distress and share kindness in all interpersonal interactions.
3. Respectful Communication – We communicate openly, honestly and without judgment while honoring each individual’s uniqueness and assuming the best of those with whom we interact.
4. Teamwork – We are members of a diverse interdisciplinary team working together to meet a common goal.
5. Accountability – We accept our individual and team responsibilities and we meet our commitments. We take responsibility for our performance and actions.
6. Customer Safety – We recognize and correct potential hazards to protect ourselves and our customers.
CRCHC provides comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to our patients regardless of ability to pay. As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide health care to all members of our community, including low income, indigent, and uninsured patients who may not otherwise be able to afford health care via traditional sources. We screen potential employees to first ensure alignment with our core requirements followed by the requisite position skills set. In doing so we need staff committed to this mission who do their best to live and work the characteristics of our core values as we strive to care for ever increasing members of the communities we serve.
Cabarrus Rowan Community Health Centers
HealthcareView all jobs at Cabarrus Rowan Community Health Centers