Christian Youth Theater, Tri-Valley (CYT Tri-Valley) is now accepting applications for the position of Artistic Director.
The Artistic Director (AD) has primary creative and management control over art, culture and education of the organization, and is responsible for carrying out the mission of CYT locally. A degree in Theater Arts, Musical Theater, Communications, Music or Education or some related performing arts field is preferred.
CYT Board of Directors - Board Chair / accountable to Managing Director.
Staff, Chapter Coordinators, Camp Coordinator, Program Directors, Artistic Teams, Teachers, and Production Staff
• Performer, producer, director, choreographer, conductor, musical director
• Experience directing a theater arts program and a strong understanding of both the
artistic side and business side of a theater organization.
• Work in education, administration, event planning with committees and boards.
• Ministry-focused individual with a humble and teachable spirit.
• Demonstrates experience in managing a staff.
• Understands all aspects of theater production. (Lighting, sound, scene design, costuming, script development, special effects, etc.)
• Must have some flexibility as work hours fluctuate.
• Enjoys collaborating with volunteers, employees , and students in a creative, positive manner.
• Demonstrate an understanding of CYT’s Mission and Values by incorporating them
when performing job related tasks (https://www.cyttrivalley.org/about/)
• Adhere to CYT’s code of conduct,
• Acknowledge CYT’s goal to conduct all business through the lens of strong moral
character and agree to perform all job-related duties in support of this goal,
• Work well with other people as a leader and as a team member, and
• Commit to maintain the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.
Christian Youth Theater develops character and creativity in kids of all ages through quality theater arts training that brings families and communities together while reflecting the Creator.
• Oversee class, camps, shows and programs in planning and execution
• Hire, train, support and evaluate staff
• Oversee and evaluate classes, camps, productions, and programs
• Provide vision and passion to the local staff, teachers, artistic teams, students, and
the community at large.
• Protect the CYT brand, culture, quality, and overall experience of the local Branch
Job Type: Part-time - 20 hours
Salary Range: $1800 - $2100- monthly
Experience Relevant: 1 year in prforming arts (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor's in performing arts (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Work Location: Tri-Valley area of Alameda County