Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer (DevOps Community Team)
CyberArk is the global leader in privileged access security, a critical layer of IT security to protect data, infrastructure and assets across the enterprise, in the cloud and throughout the DevOps pipeline. CyberArk delivers the industry’s most complete solution to reduce risk created by privileged credentials and secrets. The company is trusted by the world’s leading organizations, including more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, to protect against external attackers and malicious insiders.
We are looking for software engineers to join the DevOps Community team at CyberArk! Our team delivers high-quality open source software and more to CyberArk’s customers.
We know that our community is best served when:
- Our projects are active, maintained, well organized, and superbly documented
- We discuss, plan, design, and build in the open
- Contributions from community members are solicited, welcomed, and reviewed
We are responsible for many features and initiatives within the CyberArk portfolio, including:
- Features within the Conjur open source product
- Integrations for the Conjur and DAP products with popular open DevOps tools
- Connectors and enhancements for the revolutionary Secretless Broker
- APIs and SDKs for the above
Our engineers work on a wide variety of projects, from integrations with cutting-edge DevOps tools to moonshot projects that seek to revolutionize the world of DevOps security. Our primary product is a secrets vault and privilege engine, built upon our open source core.
What kinds of things would you work on?
We know that if you're a professional engineer, experience with specific tools or languages can usually be picked up quickly. That said, engineers on our team are using the following tools on an almost daily basis:
- Golang, Ruby, Python, and JS...at a minimum. This is a polyglot position!
- Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, GitLab
- Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry
- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform
Would you succeed on our team?
If a good number of the following apply to you, there’s a high chance that you’d be a fit for our team:
- You write high-quality software
- You know how to manage technical debt
- You get end-to-end with solutions early in order to de-risk them
- Feedback loops – especially with real customers – are a highly valued asset
- The quality of product experience you create matters deeply to you
- You enjoy attending industry conferences to learn (or even better, presenting at them)
- You hold your colleagues to the same high standard as you do yourself
- You already contribute to some open source software and communities
- You love to quickly adopt new tools and languages
- You understand the DevOps landscape
- You are extremely good at writing
However, if you have a very non-typical engineering background and you think we should still consider you, we’d love to hear why. Diversity of perspectives and experiences are very important to us.
This position is located in Newton, MA.
For More Information
For more information on team culture, and to try out our DevOps puzzle, please see: https://www.conjur.org/careers/engineering.html If you enjoy solving our puzzle, you’ll almost certainly enjoy working on our team!