Customs Broker - Import Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Us: CVI is a premier provider of freight forwarding, customs brokerage, and trade compliance services to the international shipping community. Join our team of transportation specialists, customs brokers, technology, procurement, and accounting professionals committed to providing excellent, personalized service while living our Core Values.
Salary / Benefits: We offer competitive salaries commensurate with your skills and experience, and a rich benefits package. Please visit https://cvinternational.com/join-our-team/ to learn more about the benefits & perks of being part of the CV International team.
Position Summary: To meet and exceed customer needs and expectations by ensuring successful and timely processing of customer import transactions.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Minimum 2 years of experience in ocean and/or air customhouse brokerage.
· Knowledge of CBP rules and regulations, HTS and commodity classification.
· Knowledge of various transportation modes including air freight, LCL, FCL as well as knowledge of domestic trucking and rail movements.
· Strong analytical and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent written & oral communication skills.
· General knowledge of geography and international transactions as related to the forwarding industry.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Ability to perform/prioritize multiple tasks to meet various deadlines.
· Self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Proficiency in general office computer skills – Email, internet, Microsoft office products.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are listed below. Other duties may be assigned to meet changing business needs.
· Prepare and execute the submission of Customs Entries to ensure the timely release of import shipments.
· Ensure collection of commercial documents from the responsible party to submit customs entry prior to arrival of goods.
· Track/trace shipments with airline carriers, ocean carriers, and other 3rd parties to confirm departure dates, arrival dates and release dates. Update CVI’s operational system with the latest information.
· Arrange last mile deliveries with the client and assigned trucking company when required.
· Bill responsible parties for services render as quickly as possible and assist with collections as needed.
· Generate internal or external reports as required.
· Report any issues, delays, customs holds to the client when needed.
· Build a strong business relationship with the clients and 3rd party providers.
· Provide prompt, courteous and proactive service to the clients.
· Seek opportunities to promote the company and gain additional business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by a person assigned to this position. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.
CVIWhy Work Here?
Find out if we are a fit for you at https://cvinternational.com/join-our-team/
CVI is a premier provider of freight forwarding, customs brokerage, and trade compliance services to the international shipping community.
112 West Olney RoadNorfolk, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at CVI