Field Service Engineer - South East Region
CVD Equipment Corporation
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the CVD Team & Impact the Future!
CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ: CVV) designs, develops, and manufactures a broad range of chemical vapor deposition, gas control, and other state-of-the-art equipment and process solutions used to develop and manufacture materials and coatings for industrial applications and research. Our products are used in production environments as well as research and development centers, both academic and corporate. Major target markets for our business include advanced nanomaterials, batteries, and silicon carbide for high power electronics; aerospace (such as gas turbine engines and structural components); medical devices (such as implants); advanced semiconductor devices and silicon for solar cells; and carbon nanotubes and nanowires.
Through its application laboratory, the Company provides process development support and process startup assistance with the focus on enabling tomorrow’s technologies™. Its wholly owned subsidiary, CVD Materials Corporation, provides advanced materials and metal surface treatments and coatings to serve demanding applications in the electronic, biomedical, petroleum, pharmaceutical, and many other industrial markets.
CVD Equipment Corporation, Headquartered in Central Islip, NY, has an opportunity for a Field Service Engineer – South East Region who will provide technical and on-site expertise for custom Semiconductor, Nanotechnology and Industrial Process Equipment installation, repair, and troubleshooting. Ensure end-users have the resources, knowledge, and training to effectively utilize and operate the equipment.
- Apply intermediate knowledge of relevant technologies and processes, including interpreting and utilizing laboratory equipment to solve system and/or mechanical problems.
- Provide general technical support maintaining Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and plasma etching systems, various semiconductor systems and other mechanical, electrical equipment.
- Adhere to all written, operational, and safety procedures in the course of planning and completing job assignments.
- Using work control processes and procedures, assemble and/or disassemble moderately complex mechanical components and systems as required.
- Effectively plan installation process by ensuring equipment and facilities are prepped and ready for well-organized and efficient field service work.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely Service Reports confirming product specifications are met and documenting any quality defects.
- Proactively communicate between customers and the engineering team at CVD Equipment Corporation to ensure they are informed of the full scope of installation as well as updates of potential issues.
- Provide help desk and remote support to respond to customer queries and problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure follow-up and communication to factory (spare order parts, quotes, expenses, daily reports, expenses, etc.)
- Train end-users on the full operation of systems and equipment.
Education & Experience:
- Associates/Vocational/Engineering Degree with a concentration in Electrical technology or equivalent military experience with strong mechanical aptitude; Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- 3+ years of prior experience in a Field Service role; preferably in the Semiconductor and/or Nanotechnology industry.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong mechanical aptitude; ability to assemble and disassemble complex assemblies.
- Knowledge of PLC hardware, ladder logic programming and PLC software environments
- Analog/digital circuit and systems troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Chemical Deposition processes (LPCVD, MOCVD, PECVD) a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally 50%
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability/eligibility to get a passport.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office; AutoCAD, or Inventor a plus
- Effectively collaborate and partner with sales, engineering, project managers, and manufacturing departments to ensure excellent customer support.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in proactively investigating and correcting technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills, with a high level of efficiency, attention to detail, and able to prioritize customer satisfaction.
- This position is based in the vicinity of Charlotte, NC and supports the South East region and surrounding areas.
- Ability and willingness to travel to CVD headquarters in Central Islip, NY for training (6-8wks) and project reviews.
- Estimated travel up to 50%
What we Offer:
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth working in a technology-rich organization supporting the revolution of the “Electrification of Everything”.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including your choice of Medical and Dental plans, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with Match, Company Paid Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-term Disability. Paid Time off including Vacation, Sick, and Holidays.
CVD Equipment Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CVD Equipment Corporation
Get fresh Cvd Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.