Survey Office Technician
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
CV, Inc. is an Asian American small business DBE/MBE firm established in 2009 providing engineering and support services. Our operation methodology is defined by three principles – “…Communication leading to Transparency…”, “…Training leading to Efficiency…”, and “…Innovation leading to Creativity…”.
This is your opportunity to join our motivated team and play a part in the growth of our Land Survey team. CV, Inc. is a growing firm providing Land Development and Infrastructure related civil engineering and land surveying services. Our most valuable asset is our dedicated staff of knowledgeable professionals. Our firm provides services to Maryland State Highway Administration, Virginia Department of Transportation, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Maryland Department of the Environment, Delaware Department of Transportation, and other various clients. For more information about our company, visit www.cvinc.com.
CV is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.Job Description
CV Inc. is currently seeking applicants interested in an entry level Survey Office Technician position at our Gaithersburg or Baltimore office. The Survey Office Technician will be part of the team under the direct responsible charge of a Licensed Surveyor. Work may be part of a team or solo. Work opportunities will involve cad software, preparing reports, record research, Alta surveys, cutsheets, record plats, scanner point cloud registration, and point cloud feature extraction. Work is performed under the supervision of an office manager who assigns and inspects work to ensure that it is conducted in accordance with client requirements and with accepted surveying standards. CV, Inc will support an eager candidate that has the proficiency to learn and welcome new challenges.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Client and public relations
- Mathematical computations
- Create Survey reports.
- Prepare stakeout and cutsheets
- Operate CADD software; Bentley MicroStation, AutoCAD, Carlson Survey, Trimble
- Perform geometry computations with software; Bentley InRoads, AutoDesk Civil3D
- Process and adjust survey control networks with StarNET Least Squares software.
- Research and interpret land records to develop property mosaics
- Research and interpret DOT (MDSHA, DelDOT) records to develop right-of-way mosaics
- Make boundary determinations to develop a workmap under the supervision of a Licensed Surveyor.
- Develop Right of Way Plats.
- Process topographical mapping and contours from field data.
- Process Utility mapping for SUE
- Communicate with field crews.
- Register point cloud data
- Extract features from point cloud data
- High School / GED
- 2+ years’ experience with Land Surveying Field experience with procedures and operation of surveying instruments.
- College degree may substitute for field experience
- Math Skills - trigonometry, geometry
- Microsoft Office experience
- The ability to work with a team
- Willingness to work occasional flexible hours and overtime
- Ability to obtain security and safety certifications
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks
- Positive attitude and professionalism
- Exceptional organization skills
- Available to work overtime when necessary
- Available to work as field crew as necessary
- MDOT-SHA experience a plus
- CST certification a plus
- FAA Part 107 certification a plus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) and match contributions
- Short- and long-term disability
- Year-End Bonuses
- Education and Licensing Assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time and a half for overtime
610 Professional DriveGaithersburg, MD
Get fresh Survey Office Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.