Software Development Engineer In Test - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
CURO Financial Technologies is one of the largest, fastest growing providers of short-term loans and financial services in the United States and Canada. Our licensed, direct lending products and heightened customer service focus are at the core of what we offer.
We have an upbeat, friendly and fast-paced environment. Our employees are excited to be a part of the CURO family, as evidenced by our low turnover rates and energized company culture. We've consistently grown well ahead of other short-term loan lenders and are primed for continued growth and enduring success.
Come and work for a Fintech company that has distinguished itself from competitors with quality product offerings, genuine customer service, robust operating systems, state-of-the-art call center, and a track record of new product innovation!
As an Experienced Quality Assurance Software Engineer, you will be part of a team that designs, develops, modifies, and executes automated software test plans; analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of results; and works closely with business system analysts and software development in resolution of problems. This position requires an innovative individual who has great attention to detail, team-oriented, a quick learner and is driven to produce results.
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to understand and test our products
- Guide the team in defining and refining user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Plan and implement testing strategies for new and existing features
- Bolster and improve existing test suites to increase deployment confidence and speed
- Execute functional and non-functional tests including exploratory testing
- Research, implement and Improve testing tools and processes for your teams
- Analyze defects to determine how to improve our development process
- Work with teams to perform root cause analysis, identify trends and corrective actions
- Proactively assess, prevent, and communicate risks
- Document defects, reproduction steps, RCAs (Root Cause Analysis), and produce technical documentation.
- Leverage Azure Test Plans to configure test cases to be converted to automated tests, continuous build (CI/CD pipelines), and automated test frameworks
- 4+ years of experience testing modern web applications and APIs in an agile environment (Manual and Automation)
- Expertise in using business requirements to define test cases and testing activities from concept through implementation and deployment
- Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing test data for our testing needs
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites using open-source frameworks
- Experience with scripting and/or object-oriented languages like C#, DotNet, Java etc.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Azure DevOPs, Jenkins etc.
- Strong Understanding with SQL
- An instinct and understanding of where software might fail, and how to track down failures at various layers of an application stack
- Curiosity, attention to detail, customer focused mindset and passion for delivering business value through testing in a timely manner
- Excellent prioritization skills with an ability to multi-task and clear, concise communication
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant work experience
- Comfort leading testing complex and high-risk projects
What will set you apart:
- Ability to review unit and integration tests and use the information to balance holistic testing coverage and activities.
- Ability to understand Contract Testing, Accessibility Testing, Security testing, Load/Performance Testing is a plus.
- Experience working with developer centric tools such as SonarQube and DataDog.
- Experience using WinApp Driver or Coded UI and MS-SQL.
- Fundamental understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Good to have knowledge around testing Windows Applications
CURO Financial Technologies Corp Supports Equal Employment Opportunity. CURO Financial Technologies Corp (dba Cash Money, LendDirect, Heights Finance, Quick Credit, Southern Finance, Covington Credit, First Phase, and 1st Heritage Credit) is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. This commitment is reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information in any personnel practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and discipline. Additionally, we do not discriminate based on any other characteristic protected by applicable state or local law where a particular employee works. In addition, it is the policy of CURO Financial Technologies Corp to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works.
This employer participates in E-Verify for US-based hires.NOTICE: Please upload your resume in .pdf or .doc format.
CURO Financial Technologies Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at CURO Financial Technologies Corporation