CURO Financial Technologies Corp is looking for a Business Systems Analyst/ IT Project lead in our Wichita, KS location.
We are a leading alternative financial services firm providing valuable and much needed service for hard working consumers with operations in the United States, and Canada. We are proud to serve in the more than 400 store communities, through our multiple contact centers, online and mobile financial services with the ownership of our own pre-paid debit card, short-term loans, installment loans, line of credits, and cash for gold, money order, wire transfer, and check cashing services.
We are currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst/ IT Project lead to join our PMO office, who has experience supporting software development teams with planning, coordination, requirements gathering, specifications development, and project monitoring, and reporting. If this sounds like you, please apply!
If you are looking for a new opportunity with solid growth potential then we want to speak to you! Please apply!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with various departments to understand key success factors, critical needs and what is needed to make each business unit successful. Evaluates needs and provides business / technical solutions. Seeks opportunities to increase stakeholder satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Manage client expectations.
- Manage projects through the use of proven Software Development Life Cycle processes, procedures and tools to include planning, coordinating all project activities, project status meetings, system specifications design and review, technical review, system testing, system implementation, and post implementation review.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans. Responsible for reporting project status to IT Management, business unit project sponsor and other key business leaders as needed.
- Provide day-to-day project coordination, planning and implementation of multiple IT software development projects across all product lines.
- Responsible for collecting, understanding and documenting business requirements and translating those into functional and system design specifications.
- Assist other Project Leader(s) with research, meetings, or other activities as assigned to implement their projects solutions.
- Work with the business unit on long term strategies to better use software development technology and to promote / champion process improvement initiatives.
- Work with software development Business Systems Analyst, Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts to review / understand requirements and specifications for technical design, obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements.
- Understand applicable company policies, procedures and other job-specific instructive documents and materials
- Conduct business and perform job duties in a manner consistent with the requirements set forth in all company policies, procedures and other directives, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Complete all compliance training assigned to them to understand the key provisions of law, regulation and internal policies and procedures applicable to their job duties, as well as the impact of non-compliance on the company’s reputation and success
- Raise concerns about any practice(s) believed to be a violation of, or inconsistent with, company policies, procedures or other directives, or in violation of legal or regulatory requirements
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure safety and compliance
- Model the Company’s Vision and Values
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Qualifications:
- BSEE, BSCS, BSMIS, or related degree required from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst/ Project lead or Project management combination within an IT department
- Previous experience in banking / financial / collections / retail industry
- Proven Project Leader experience encompassing small to large mission critical projects
- Proven business analysis / design experience encompassing small to large mission critical projects
- Previous experience with large software development and implementation of client server projects
- Excellent communications skills required both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills required as this position will work with all levels within the organization
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SQL a plus
- Prior software design and development experience preferred
- Previous employment with a large software development organization a plus
- Master level degree, MBA preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred
Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus
With over 20 years of operating experience, CURO provides financial freedom to the underbanked, a large and growing market. Our Financial Technology Team has created a unique, fully integrated system for end-to-end ownership of our financial and loan transactions.