The VP, Product Development is responsible for leading research and product development operations in support of Cure’s growth targets. S/he will manage the product development pipeline, develop strategic alliances, drive innovation and serve as a key member of the leadership team.
Leadership and strategy
- Help set Cure’s corporate strategy as it relates to formulation science and implement the strategy tactically by overseeing Cure’s research and product development organization
- Provide other members of the leadership team with continuous scientific input to inform business development, clinical development, commercialization, financial planning and execution, regulatory matters and manufacturing.
- Translate Cure’s science into understandable concepts for investors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement Cure’s strategy for collaborating with academia
- Create the vision, establish the goals and budgets, make policy and infrastructure decisions for the product development department that ensure linkage to the business strategy
- Lead cultural and organizational change and implement operational excellence for continuous improvement of competitiveness and financial performance
Operations and management
- Implement the appropriate team and departmental structure and establish the required processes and communications to enable the department to effectively deliver on all commitments
- Responsible for talent management (recruitment, development and retention) in Product Development department
- Establish a GLP laboratory and oversee the selection and management of CROs and bioanalytical laboratories supporting Cure’s development programs
- Establish and maintain relations with outside scientific and clinical experts in relevant disciplines to support Cure’s current and future planned research and product development activities
- Provide exemplary overall scientific and operational leadership in identifying, evaluating and developing new drug formulations
- Develop and execute an aggressive intellectual property protection strategy
- Maintain the highest quality of scientific inquiry supporting Cure’s drug formulation and development process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Robust clinical development experience with successful track record of programs leading to FDA approval preferred
- Solid knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations
- Solid knowledge and proven experience in creating and securing IP
- Overall business understanding including experience in business development and licensing contracts
- Strong results driven personality, high level of enthusiasm and energy
- Strong networking skills with experts in academia and industry: record of maintaining and developing successful relationships with opinion leaders and investigators
- Fiscal responsibility: ability to facilitate commercial return from research and development investments
- Strong ability to multi-task and to handle multiple programs and portfolios in drug discovery and development
- Leadership and mentoring capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and public presentation skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skill sets as mandated by the changing needs of the organization
Education: PhD in relevant disciplines pertaining to drug development (or equivalent with work experience)
Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience in basic and applied research and development in pharma and biotech; solid scientific track record, exemplified by publications, and overall stature in the field, with at least 5 of those years in a senior supervisory role.
Other Information: Requires up to 20% travel