Executive Assistant and Office Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CURE Epilepsy is seeking an Executive Assistant and Office Administrator to support the Chief Executive Officer and our non-profit in its mission to fund cutting-edge science that advances the understanding of epilepsy which will lead to a cure. CURE Epilepsy also promotes awareness of epilepsy and its devastating side effects among its key stakeholders, researchers, the general public, and policymakers. This is an outstanding opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others including the 3.4 million Americans that live with epilepsy.
Overview of CURE Epilepsy
One in 26 Americans will develop epilepsy in their lifetime. For many of them, that means uncontrollable seizures, stigma, and discrimination in their communities, and sharply increased risks of health complications and death. They need much more than therapies, surgeries, and devices to manage their seizures – they need a cure.
For almost 25 years, CURE Epilepsy has been on an unrelenting search for that cure. Founded in 1998 by Susan Axelrod and a small group of fellow parents, CURE Epilepsy was born out of their shared frustration over the current state of epilepsy treatment. While the focus at that time centered on treating seizures and symptoms, that approach offered little relief for the 30% of epilepsy patients who don’t respond to treatment. Axelrod and her fellow founders knew it was time to change the conversation from treating to curing epilepsy – and they dared to believe a cure was possible.
As the nonprofit leader in epilepsy research and the only organization solely dedicated to finding a cure for epilepsy, we’ve worked to shift the focus from merely managing symptoms to understanding the causes of this complex condition. With 3.4 million Americans and 65 million people worldwide living with epilepsy, CURE Epilepsy is committed to furthering patient-focused research that can ultimately deliver the answers they need.
The Executive Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative, human resources, and office support activities to aid the CEO in facilitating the efficient operation of the organization.
The Executive Assistant must be effective in planning, prioritizing and executing tasks in a timely manner. They must also exhibit skills in building & maintaining strong relationships both internally & externally. The ideal candidate is both approachable & respectful, comfortable with new technology and applications, virtual meeting platforms, and scheduling systems.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance. Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
- This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- This position works primarily with the CEO and the Board of Directors
- This position will work collaboratively with all CURE Epilepsy team members
- Manage CEO’s daily schedule and calendar of appointments; coordinate arrangements for meetings and events and prepare information for use in discussions / meetings with staff, board, and constituents. Work closely and effectively with the office to ensure CEO is well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follow up appropriately.
- Coordinate schedules for Board meetings and Board committee meetings; responsible for their setup, preparation of draft agendas, preparation of draft minutes, and collating materials for board meetings. Plan/execute two (2) Board dinners (spring/fall) in conjunction with Board meetings.
- Manage all Board and committee contact information and email lists updating related files and distributing to appropriate personnel for information and updates as well. Track all board, officer of the board, and committee chair terms.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office, staff, Board, and constituents; demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support while building relationships crucial to the success of the organization.
- Complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach; includes personal correspondence, preparation of presentations, management of files, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization while maintaining the confidentiality of the office and information of a sensitive nature.
- Prepare, review and track CEO/Board Chair/corporate procurement card expense reports; assist with travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure effective management and accountability procedures are in place for the control and management of the data and general operations.
- Manage CURE Epilepsy Info email account and other email accounts and answer or triage responses to appropriate department.
- Lead general office operations and administration including management of supplies and inventory, phone system, mail and postage, product shipping, office equipment, technology needs and general office maintenance; manage and review related budgets and invoices. Serve as liaison to building management, IT, and other office vendors. Responsible for administering office operating procedures.
- Provide Human Relations assistance; post open positions and receipt of resumes, manage position applications and background checks, conduct new employee orientation, and update Team Member Handbook.
- Manage main CURE Epilepsy phone line and triage calls. Answer inquiries to aid executive/staff in the resolution of routine matters.
- Greet guests arriving at the Chicago office.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Administrative and Organizational
- Solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work.
- Proven ability to effectively manage self and others through ambiguous situations.
- Professional business acumen and presentation
- Customer service orientation and commitment to team
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing, organizing, and following through
- Strict attention to detail
- Maintains professional demeanor in stressful situations
- Strong sense of pace and urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and work independently
- Energetic and willing to “roll up sleeves” to get the job done
- Expert Outlook Calendar skills to manage multiple Outlook calendars simultaneously.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Adobe DC
- Familiarity with video conferencing applications such as Zoom
- Familiarity with Bamboo HR or similar SaaS for HR as well as job listing websites such as Indeed and Idealist a plus
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- 3 years supporting senior leadership required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Position based in Chicago, hybrid work environment (3 days in office)
TO APPLY, visit our careers site: https://cureepilepsy.bamboohr.com/careers
Status and Benefits
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Terms of Employment: At Will
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life, 403(b), PTO, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, hybrid work environment, and more
Get fresh Executive Office Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!