THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
The Ocean Import Specialist will be responsible for the daily management of door to door shipments by ocean. The duties include providing quotes, making booking with carriers, coordinating pick up and deliveries,customs clearance, filing AES, and handling other facets of international shipping.Excellent employee benefits:
The export specialist responsibilities include meeting trade needs of an organization by supplying the required amount of goods within a prescribed time. However, they are also responsible for carrying out other duties as follows:
- Evaluate market opportunities to provide each customer with best-in-class transport solutions
- Prepare and coordinate the necessary documentation for efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of export activities
- Planning transport routes by carrying out a detailed study of cost effective trade routes
- Planning best means of transport to meet the cost as well as time barriers
- Ensuring the safe delivery of goods by handling and taking proper care of goods during transport
- Verify the delivery of goods according to the customer specifications and ensuring that deadlines are met
- Collecting the payments on behalf of the client or organization and maintaining the bills for the same
- Ensure whether the rules and regulations are met by maintaining the information about licenses and tariffs
- Responsible for the AES filings
- Keep work area clean and organized
Requirements & Qualifications
- Min. 1-2 year’s freight forwarder experience.
- Must be responsible, diligent and willing to learn and work independently
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Associate's degree and relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills to interact with clients effectively and avoid any misconceptions
- Good team player and able to coordinate with people effectively
- Expert organizational skills
- Effective skill in planning things
- Knowledge about different geographical locations and routes
- Expert problem solving skills
- Attentive and accurate in execution of the tasks
- Knowledge about various foreign languages
- Expert knowledge about international trade laws
- Perfect time management skills
- Expert computer skills and efficient in working on various required software applications
- Knowledge about auditing and commerce
- DENTAL and MEDICAL insurance
- RETIREMENT PLAN
- INCENTIVE PROGRAM.
- PAID vocation
CU TRANSPORT INC.
Why Work Here?We were Established in 1997. We have expanded rapidly in the evolving international transportation and logistics markets. We are a licensed NVOCC, Freight Forwarder, Customs Broker, and have an 80,000 sq. ft. Warehouse. We accommodate the logistical requirements of every importer and exporter by offering a full range of door-to-door one stop logistics solutions! We are headquartered in Los Angeles. We were named America’s 500 Fast Growing Private Companies by INC in 2005, America’s Top 100 Logistics Companies by INC in 2007 and 100 Fast Growing Private Companies by Los Angeles Business Journal in 2009. Trucking company is the subsidiary of the group.
2009 100 Fast Growing Private Companies by Los Angeles Business Journal
West Covina, CA