We are looking for a talented Network Engineer, who will perform technical analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of the CUDC infrastructure as a member of the network team. Support critical business operations and the software development lifecycle across development, test and production environments.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Analyze, design, implement and maintain all aspects of CUDC’s network infrastructure.
o Responsible for network and communication services throughout all environments. This includes, but is not limited to: load balancing, application delivery, content distribution and traffic management for web applications; routing, switching, firewalls and intrusion prevention; wired and wireless access; remote access and site-to-site VPNs; voice, data and videoconferencing services; virtualized infrastructure; network monitoring, logging, capture, analysis and reporting.
o Assist with design of overall network architecture and proactively identify industry and company trends.
o Collaborate with both technical and non-technical staff to solve business problems.
o Maintain working relationships with vendors and service providers (e.g., Cisco, f5, Verizon, Level3)
· Provide 24 x 7 troubleshooting support to identify and resolve layer 1-7 issues with networked applications and provide the highest quality service both internal and external customers
· Create and maintain all required documentation including, but not limited to: diagrams, procedures, lists and rationale documents.
· Ensure that CUDC network security policies are followed.
· Work to foster and enhance teamwork within the organization. Provide the highest quality products and services to each other and our clients. Consistently promotes and models the culture and values of CU Direct. Demonstrates the behaviors aligned with each value with clients and employees across the organization.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Four-year college degree in a computer related field.
· A minimum of three years’ experience with network hardware (Cisco routers, firewalls, switches, modules).
· A minimum of three years’ experience with related software (Cisco ISO, Packet analysis, 802.1q VLAN tagging).
· A minimum of three years’ experience with infrastructure components (VMWare, ISCSI SAN, F5 Load balancer, VOIP).
· A minimum of three years' experience with supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users.
· Able to independently prioritize, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks.
· Able to interact professionally, courteously and effectively with a wide range of staff and clients.
· Ability to work in a fast paced/flexible operations environment.
· Strong problem analysis and resolution skills.